WnSoft Forums

PTE Beta #8

mightec

I have just done a comparison between PTE and ProShow Producer and have concluded that PTE provides a better final quality. I now wish to use the product but I am having some problems, I don't seem to be able to input any text or music, is this function available on the Beta version. I have looked at some of the tutorials on The Dom's site but cannot find anything that can put me straight on these matters, can anyone help.

Guest Techman1

Mike,

Adding text isn't yet enabled in this beta version. I believe it is suppose to be in the next beta release. You can add music files now through the options menu. What problems are you having with adding music?

Please advise,

Fred

Hi Mike,

The text functions have not yet been enabled in the beta, but coming very, very soon. To do text right now create your text as a PNG file using your image editor (Photoshop, etc.) and animate as any other object.

Music works best as mp3 so most of us convert our other formats to mp3. When the sound functions are fully enabled you will have separate tracks available and full synchronization via time line as in version 4.48 (wav, mp3) so you can do voice-overs per image, etc. Right now if you need this feature you can combine multiple sound tracks into a single track with freeware audio tools such as Audacity.

Best regards,

Lin

I have just done a comparison between PTE and ProShow Producer and have concluded that PTE provides a better final quality. I now wish to use the product but I am having some problems, I don't seem to be able to input any text or music, is this function available on the Beta version. I have looked at some of the tutorials on The Dom's site but cannot find anything that can put me straight on these matters, can anyone help.

Mike,

Adding text isn't yet enabled in this beta version. I believe it is suppose to be in the next beta release. You can add music files now through the options menu. What problems are you having with adding music?

Please advise,

Fred

Fred

Thanks for the response, when I add music to the slide or project nothing happens, I cannot hear anything. If I want to added text and music is it better to use version 4.48 and then burn the DVD in Beta # 8?

DaveG

I have gone back to version 4.48 and I have been able to add both text and music, I will then burn to DVD in Beta #8. What I am not sure of is how to add a blank slide, e.g. Black?

Mike,

You can use a trick to add a blank slide (black or whatever color you want) directly in PTE without having to make in a photo editor :

- Add a picture in the slide list,

- select this image in the slide list,

- open the "O/A" window,

- remove the image,

- click on "Customize slide"

- in the "main" tab, choose your background color. You even can choose a gradient color. :)

Have you tried look for help in the TUTORIAL section at the top.

It SHOULD be there but the way it is laid out.............

DaveG

I have been using Proshow Gold for 2 years. It works very well. I have tried to add sound to the beta version, using various alternatives. No success. I have contacted support and have had no luck either. When I add sound, on prview the show goes to blank and does not play at all. When I remove the sound it works again. I am also now using version 4. Is there someone that knows what to do to get the beta version going? Obviously it works for some.

Forester68

I have been using Proshow Gold for 2 years. It works very well. I have tried to add sound to the beta version, using various alternatives. No success. I have contacted support and have had no luck either. When I add sound, on prview the show goes to blank and does not play at all. When I remove the sound it works again. I am also now using version 4. Is there someone that knows what to do to get the beta version going? Obviously it works for some.

Forester68

Hi Forester,

Are you using mp3? If not, convert the format to mp3 and it should work fine. The fact that it works when you remove the sound files means that something about the sound file is causing the difficulty. I've seen this happen in a few cases when a user tries to use unsupported sound types and this is very likely the problem.

With the release version you will be able to use wav or mp3 sound (perhaps others) to have two or more channels so you can have individual sound for each slide as well as background sound for the entire show, but the present beta version only supports background sound for the entire slideshow rather than individual sounds for each slide. The features which will eventually be resident in the release version are being added a few at a time to facilitate development and debugging. The next release (beta 9) will be a major one and will have most of the features which will be present in the release version of 5.0.

If you continue to have problems after converting to mp3, please post the PTE files (use the Zip feature) and we can probably discover the problem quickly and resolve it for you.

Bests regards,

Lin

Hi Forester,

Are you using mp3? If not, convert the format to mp3 and it should work fine. The fact that it works when you remove the sound files means that something about the sound file is causing the difficulty. I've seen this happen in a few cases when a user tries to use unsupported sound types and this is very likely the problem.

With the release version you will be able to use wav or mp3 sound (perhaps others) to have two or more channels so you can have individual sound for each slide as well as background sound for the entire show, but the present beta version only supports background sound for the entire slideshow rather than individual sounds for each slide. The features which will eventually be resident in the release version are being added a few at a time to facilitate development and debugging. The next release (beta 9) will be a major one and will have most of the features which will be present in the release version of 5.0.

If you continue to have problems after converting to mp3, please post the PTE files (use the Zip feature) and we can probably discover the problem quickly and resolve it for you.

Bests regards,

Lin

Dear Lin

Thank you. It works well with MP3 files. Problem solved.

forester68