WnSoft Forums

My New PTE Plasma TV

Lin Evans

Hi Ken,

Actually it's a heavy sandcast sterling silver bracelet by famed Hopi silver and goldsmith Preston Monongye (deceased) and many, many years old (a bit hard to tell that from the photo angle). Preston was one of the early innovators in inlay work which was followed on very successfully by his son Jesse Monongye. In the old days they didn't have some of the fine tools to work with that they have today so often split work into two pieces rather than try to drill holes with rather crude tools. On this particular piece I can't truly tell if it's a cracked inlay or if it was made that way. There are some chipped turquoise pieces on certain areas of the piece which just adds to it's aura. This piece sold for over $4000 U.S. about 15 years ago and is probably valued at twice that today so a rare find. His son Jesse does extremely fine inlay work, but he has the tools which his father didn't enjoy. Preston's pieces are rare today - most owned by collectors who don't turn loose of them very often. As they age, dirt gets down into the cracks and makes them more visible so I'm guessing that this may be a natural crack from shrinkage in the material over the years rather than a designed split but it's only a guess.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin

great colours

is the pin/broach cracked vertically above and below the red "mouth"?

ken

Hi Ron,

Someday when I can save enough I would love one - the prices of Plasma are coming down in the states now that LCD screens are being "hyped." Personally I like the Plasma, but they do have issues at high altitudes . Right now I live at about 6,000 so no problem but some areas in our states are too high for plasma.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

Impressive plasma screen - get yourself a real one and see it sing! :D

Ron

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lin

I was browsing through links in the forum, and have just been admiring your new Plasma screen.

I wish that I could afford some of this new-fangled technology - instead I've got to make do with a few bits of wood to display my pictures.

You'll see what I mean from the attachment.

I apologise for the pauses in the display.

It's because I have to feed a picture in from one side, come round the front to view it, then run round the back of the wall to collect it from the other side - but it sure does keep me fit!!

frame_and_spot.zip

Regards.

LOL - I love it! Nice frame and great way to exchange images!!

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin

I was browsing through links in the forum, and have just been admiring your new Plasma screen.

I wish that I could afford some of this new-fangled technology - instead I've got to make do with a few bits of wood to display my pictures.

You'll see what I mean from the attachment.

It's because I have to feed a picture in from one side, come round the front to view it, then run round the back of the wall to collect it from the other side - but it sure does keep me fit!!

frame_and_spot.zip

Regards.

Regards.

I too could use the exercise, any chance of getting the template from you? :)

(Igor sure has stirred up a lot of cleverness. Your good work is the latest example.)