WnSoft Forums

"FX Masks"

thedom

As Fred (Techman1) said, "it shows the power of using masks and how you can draw your audience into a particular part of an image".

TheDom-FXMasks2-Small.jpg

Here is a demo showing those masks in action (1,25 Mb - 1 minute 10 sec - includes music)

icon_pa_download.gif

The full PTE project :

icon_pa_download.gif

The full pack of Masks :

icon_pa_download.gif

Guest Techman1

Dominque,

Your demo looks very cool. It shows the power of using masks with PTE and how you can draw your audience into a particular part of an image. As always, keep up the incredible work here. We appreciate it!

All the best,

Fred

Also some very nice "unintended" (perhaps) consequences. By using a soft mask frame around the peripheral of a moving photograph the aliased edges (sparkles) are eliminated for that portion of the photo as one can see when you have both the masked and unmasked photos simultaneously moving on screen.

Excellent use of the mask to highlight portions of a photo and draw and focus the observers attention to that area.

Very nice effects and lots of work! Thanks!!

Best regards,

Lin

As Fred (Techman1) said, "it shows the power of using masks and how you can draw your audience into a particular part of an image".

TheDom-FXMasks2-Small.jpg

Here is a demo showing those masks in action (1,25 Mb - 1 minute 10 sec - includes music)

icon_pa_download.gif

The full PTE project :

icon_pa_download.gif

The full pack of Masks :

icon_pa_download.gif

Hi Dom

I really like the use of masks, by the way what does 'FX' mean? I have looked at the project and I just cannot understand how you get the effect to work. I am very new to PTE and I would like to know a lot more on animation, where should I look to get more information?

Mike,

Ken is right, FX is for "special effects" (actually I should have used SFX).

May be it's a little bit "show off" but I didn't know how to call those masks. :lol:

If you want to understand how it works, do the following :

- add one of your photo in the slide list.

- open the O/A window for this slide

- add "WhiteFrame-3D-BlackBackground.png" as a new image and zoom it.

I guess you have difficulties to understand how it works because you should set the vizualisation screen (in the O/A window) to 25%.

Hope it helps. :)

I think watching advertisements and surfing on the internet is a good source of inspiration... but it's difficult to give you specific ressources.