WnSoft Forums

Chantilly example

silvia1

Meses atras baje el proyecto Chantilly , del autor JPD, agradeceria si pudieran ayudarme que efectos o programa se usaron para las primeras fotos ( conversion de la foto en 94 partes )

Months ago lowers the Chantilly project, of the author JPD, I appreciatte could help me how work that effects were used for the first photos (conversion of the photo in 94 parts)

Thanks

Silvia

Please . I want to know what Action for Photoshop use in the Chantilly Example for convert one Photo on 94 horizontal pieces.

I hope understand my ask ?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Silvia,

I don't know if it's the one you're looking for but you can try one of Panosfx action called Mosaic : http://panosfx.com/index.php?option=com_co...7&Itemid=27 :)

Thanks.

I down the action, but this is not.

Do you remember the Chantilly pte example ?

I want to "copy" the first effects . In the Objects , I see that first photo convert on 94 horizontal pieces.

I found one action, but is only for 10 pieces. How convert for 94 pieces ?

I attach the action

Davegee_Venitian_ACT.zip

Siliva,

In Photoshop Toolbox select the SLICE SELECT TOOl> RIGHT CLICK ON PHOTO

SELECT> DIVIDE Vertical> SELECT PIXELS PER SLICE QTY 30.> CLICK OK.

Go to File. Save for Web jpg High Optomized > choose folder to Save in.

Hope this works for you Lucky i had it saved in my notebook.

All the best Ray

Edited 5:16 pm Ray

Siliva,

In Photoshop Toolbox select the SLICE SELECT TOOl> RIGHT CLICK ON PHOTO

SELECT> DIVIDE HORIZOTAL> SELECT PIXELS PER SLICE QTY 30.> CLICK OK.

Go to File. Save for Web jpg High Optomized > choose folder to Save in.

Hope this works for you Lucky i had it saved in my notebook.

All the best Ray

Woaw, it works great!

Didn't know such work could be done so quickly.

Thanks for the tip Ray. :)

UPDATE: The problem is that "An integer between 1 and 50 is required".

I'm afraid it is not possible to divide a picture into 94 horizontal slices with this method... :unsure:

Thanks for all.

I am not expert adobe photoshop.

I follow the RayC´s steep for the sections.

Its OK., but I do not understand how divide each sector and save each one separately.

I worked one photo on 16 vertical sections, duplicate 16 times and save each with crop tools, but 94 is very difficult.

Please sorry for my english.

Hi Silvia & TheDom,

I believe i may have been a little comfused this morning I quoted to slice HORIZONTAL When in fact

it was really for the VERTICAL which with a photo of 2816px it is possible to get 94 Slices by Right clicking on Photo

Click on Divide slide and choose Devide pixels per slice and enter 30.

I have tried since to do an Horizontal one and the most slices I am able to get Is 67 I may try PSP see if they can do better. To save Silvia save for web And you have save each Slice as a jpg file

Sorry for the confusion Silvia.

All the best Ray

Woaw, it works great!

Didn't know such work could be done so quickly.

Thanks for the tip Ray. :)

UPDATE: The problem is that "An integer between 1 and 50 is required".

I'm afraid it is not possible to divide a picture into 94 horizontal slices with this method... :unsure:

Hi TheDom,

To slice Image into 94 slices Horizontally, slow but works.

Open image 2816px x 1880px in Photoshop > choose > slice select tool > right click on image >

Divide Slice Tool>Divide horizontally > 2 slices Down evenly spaced.

Go to save for Web . Choose 2 up > Highlight first half > save as. It will save in a folder named images both images as 1_01.jpg & 1_02.jpg.

Open the 1_01 File choose>Right Click on Image>Divide Slice>divide Horizontally Into>47 Slices Down evenly spaced.

Save for Web Original. Jpg, High, progressive, name 01.jpg.

Select 2nd Half Do same as above and save as name 02.jpg

Photoshop will save them into separate Image folders copy No2 slices into

No 1 folder and batch rename.

It’s a long way round but it does work.

Ray

Silvia

I have just stumbled over your posting and saw RayC advice. Why do you want to slice the picture, what is the effect that you are creating, I am very curious!

What a fantastic forum this is. The wealth of knowledge out there is great. I've just used the slice tool for the first time (though it took me a while to find it) and already I can see possibilities for using it.

So a big thankyou to Sylvia for asking the question, and to Ray for passing on his notes.

Silvia

I have just stumbled over your posting and saw RayC advice. Why do you want to slice the picture, what is the effect that you are creating, I am very curious!

Hi

I have a large file with examples I collected on the internet from Pictures to Exe example

and I wanted work "CHANTILLY" from JPD, with my own photos , same the Dom's Album template.

You see the file on :

http://rapidshare.com/files/22140109/Chant...-06.pt.zip.html

It´s very interesting.

Silvia

Silvia

Mike go to this site http://technac.free.fr/Diaporamas/V5/index.htm and download JPD's "Versailles" Pt file

It is the best show to see what can be done with Slices.

Ray

Ray

Funny that you should add a reply at this time, I have just viewed both Versailles and Chantilly and I do agree that they are really excellent slideshows. I noted the effect of the slices and another in Chantilly where JPD has the opening picture turn vertically through 360 degrees. Not sure how that is done, I was just about to send JPD a PM to find out. Thanks Ray, how are things in New Zealand, was last there in Wellington in 1999, great city.

Ray

Funny that you should add a reply at this time, I have just viewed both Versailles and Chantilly and I do agree that they are really excellent slideshows. I noted the effect of the slices and another in Chantilly where JPD has the opening picture turn vertically through 360 degrees. Not sure how that is done, I was just about to send JPD a PM to find out. Thanks Ray, how are things in New Zealand, was last there in Wellington in 1999, great city.

Hi Mike, afraid I cant help with that one but may now have a go at it see what I can do.

Afraid the weather as not been the best for us this year Mike but then I am way down south

I visited Wellington a lot when my son lived there but now he is in Auckland so go there insted its also

warmer there. My daughter is in Uk so have been back there for a few weeks for the last 4 years and I am planning another trip at Xmas.

All the best mike good luck with the Slices.

Ray

SILVIA

I have watched JPD's original exe

and the one from you

cant see much difference

embarassed to ask

but

what are the changes?

OK I BURNED BOTH AND played on different dvd/tv's at same time -- different transitons :)

ken

Hi

I do not explain for the changes. I have this file time ago in my PC. Maybe the autor changes recently.

Can you explain me how work the first Photo on 94 pcs. ? Are there any "action on Photoshop" for these ?

Same for the other effects in these Project ?

I do not expert .

Thanks

Silvia

Hola.

Lo siento, ser tan insistente, pero aun no puedo entender como hacer los efectos del Projecto "Chantilly" . Es muy dificil?

Hello. I feel it, to be so insistent, but I cannot even understand like making the effects of the Projecto "Chantilly". He is very difficult?

Thanks

Silvia

Hola.

Lo siento, ser tan insistente, pero aun no puedo entender como hacer los efectos del Projecto "Chantilly" . Es muy dificil?

Hello. I feel it, to be so insistent, but I cannot even understand like making the effects of the Projecto "Chantilly". He is very difficult?

Thanks

Silvia

Silvia,

It is very difficult, I have managed to do it but it as taken me all day because of makeing mistakes along the way, I think maybe the Vertical one In Versailles may be easier.

I have an exe file of 3.27mg if anyone can explain how I can download it. I dot not have a web page.

Ray