WnSoft Forums

Renaming of "Synchronize slides to music" option

Igor

In version 5.00 as you might notice slides always exactly synchronized to music. So old "Synchronize slides to music" option should be removed.

But as in v4.48 and in v5.00 "Synchronize slides to music" also control behavior of music during rewinding of slides. I don't know how to better name this option.

- When this option ENABLED:

If you go from 5th slide to 20th slide, or from 5th slide to 4th slide, music also rewinds. Like you rewind position of playing in DVD player. Music linked to particular slides. If you adjusted show of slides to sounds of a drum, even after rewinding of slides - this synchronization will remain.

- When this option DISABLED:

Music always plays independently from beginning to end of music, you can rewind slides, but music will not rewind. Also only in this mode Personal music playlist to slides can be added.

Please advice how to better call this option?

"Synchronize slides and music" or

"Lock music to slides".

"Keep link of music and slides".

Or another more right and exact name?

In version 5.00 as you might notice slides always exactly synchronized to music. So old "Synchronize slides to music" option should be removed.

But as in v4.48 and in v5.00 "Synchronize slides to music" also control behavior of music during rewinding of slides. I don't know how to better name this option.

If you go from 5th slide to 20th slide, or from 5th slide to 4th slide, music also rewinds. Like you rewind position of playing in DVD player. Music linked to particular slides. If you adjusted show of slides to sounds of a drum, even after rewinding of slides - this synchronization will remain.

Music always plays independently from beginning to end of music, you can rewind slides, but music will not rewind. Also only in this mode Personal music playlist to slides can be added.

"Lock music to slides".

May I suggest keeping present description, but including a dialog with the explanation that you have given of enabled and disabled. It then seems very clear to me.

John

Igor,

An expression such as "Lock music to slides", or perhaps better "Link music to slides" makes good sense. Synchronise implies that the changing of the slides is timed to match the beat in the music. I know this is not how it has been used in the past but I think that is how it would initially be interpreted by anyone completely new to the programme. "Link music to slides" might be better as "Lock" implies something that cannot be changed without unlocking it. In our case there is nothing to stop the producer of the show from removing the music and replacing it.

Peter

"Lock music to slides".

Igor,

How about:- 'Slide SoundSync' or alternatively 'Slide SoundLock' or 'Image SoundLock' or 'Image SoundSync'

Brian.Conflow

Personally I don't think the wording is important as no matter what you call it someone will interpret it in the wrong way, I agree with John and think you should have a small "More Info" button next to the wording which brings up a small box detailing exactly what the option does.

Having said that my preference(s) for wording would be:-

"Lock Soundtrack to Timeline"

(or)

"Lock Soundtrack to Transitions"

(or)

"Lock Soundtrack to Slide Changes"

The word "Lock" to me is very clear and is used in many Video and Audio Editing softwares.

To me the word "Synchronize" relates to the process you go through in the timeline setting Transition points for your slides to change at key points in the soundtrack, but as Dave says if you go to all that trouble why would you not want to NOT lock the Soundtrack to your Timeline?

Regards

Andrew

I am inclined to agree with Ken. Changes sometimes create more confusion than they actually solve.

Ron [uK]

Igor,

I would certainly agree that the word Synchronize should be removed.

As a relatively new member I can remember the confusion that this word caused for me.

I am now assisting other new users within my camera club and believe that any action that will simplify and clarify an action can only be a benefit.

I would go along with any of the suggestions proposed by ADB or preferably PeterS who proposes "Linked" rather than "Locked".

Regards,

John

I reckon that we have other problems that need Igor's attention at the moment. This re-naming of the word 'synchronize' can surely be left until later on when version 5 has settled down. Learn to use the software before asking for changes is my motto! B)

Ron