WnSoft Forums

White Screen

elijahnow

Welcome elijahnow!

I have not heard of the problem you describe. But does your show run in the preview mode? If it runs in the preview mode, then do a "create as" and save it to your hard drive rather than to CD ( if that is what you actually did.) In other words, try back-tracking to the point where your show was working. Then let us know what happens.

elijahnow,

Alot of times a WHITE Screen is related to a image/sequence processing too slowly within your GRAPHICS CARD ... basically its showing a NULL screen till the processing is completed.

Are you using " Heavy and and Overweight " Images combined with demanding Timing ? This can create issues especially when using CD run type Shows.

elijahnow

As you are new to the forum, I thought I would expand a litte on nobeefstu's note.

Elsewhere in this forum you will find MANY threads discussing image size etc etc. PTE using fades requires a lot of horsepower in your computer, larger images, both file and image size, can be problematic, as can transitions too close to each other.

If you are unsure of what we mean by image size, see "parameter incorrect" thread, May 10 postings at

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...ct=ST&f=2&t=651

If it is a image size or timing issue as nobeefstu suspects, I would suggest you try the following as a test:

- have your images sized at 100kb plus/minus (try 800x600 pixels, medium jpg quality)

- use only "quick" transactions and space the transitions at least 2 seconds apart

- save the pte and exe files to your hard drive.

Assuming the show works fine with those parameters, take one parameter at a time and adjust it to what you really want to use and see what happens.

If all works well from the hardrive, then try saving it to a CD and run it from the CD.

I think you will find most of us do not recommend running from a CD. Merely use a CD as a transfer medium from one computer's hard drive to another.

Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone

Just wanted to say thanks for the info. I travel a lot and have not been able to do much else lately that’s the reason for the very slow reply of thanks. But while I was gone a friend that was working on the project with me found the problem. He said that the music file we added was the problem that when we copied them XP lovingly right protected them and then they would only play on his computer he started over and now it works.

I have notice when played from the cd it's not quite as smooth as it should be probably do to running it from the cd and the fairly large image size as you all have explained

Thanks again everyone for the info you’re helping my education go a little easier

elijahnow

:)