WnSoft Forums

New Show - Remarkables

ADB

Hi All

I have finally completed my first Beta5.0 (11a) full show. Has been quite a while since my last show and animation certainly makes for the whole process to be a lot more involved than it used to be :-)

This show runs smooth on my PC and I would be interested to know how others find it on their machines, in particular the opening Animation Title Sequence which caused me some initial smoothness problems.

Show is the first part of 5 planned sequences covering my work over the last 20 years. This sequence is themed on the Remarkable Mountain Range near Queenstown, New Zealand.

Can be downloaded via mediafire at the following link:-

http://www.mediafire.com/?egedlqjnjzu

Cheers

Andrew

smooth and spectacular colours

ya better complete that winery job now and collect the case for b'days and celebrations:)

ken

Cheers Ken

Good to know!

Yes I could put a different spin on that winery sequence now with the latest Beta, trouble they needed it 6 months ago :-) Still got the case of wine though ;-)

Andrew

Hello Andrew

Ran perfectly on my equipment, apart from one minor blip towards the end of the last panoramic sequence. I will try it again later as it might have been caused by someone switching on a kettle over in Raynes Park. As Ken has remarked the colours were spectacular. I enjoyed the sequence from beginning to end.

Ron [uK]

Andrew,

The classy, animated titles and pans were silky smooth on my machine.

It may have been my imagination, but on the slopes of the snow-covered peaks, I could see Frodo et al. :>)

A beautiful show!

David

Have played it through again Andrew and no blip. Must have been that kettle. Regards to you and your wife.

Ron [uK]

By the way, thank you for the awesome images of mountains and clouds. The colors are splendid. I really like the peaceful movement--like slowly turning my head to take it all in. It feels partly like a dream and entirely real. I could feel the cold morning air on my face and the warm sunshine on my cheeks. Best of all, the images inspire the poet in me (even if the poet isn't too gifted). Thank you !

Thankyou all for your comments, it has been a show that I have been wanting to do for a long time and the new animation features in PTE now lets me achieve the effects I'm after.

David - Ah ha so you did see Frodo! Truth is he was actually not too far away from that mountain range in Lord Of The Rings infact I am pretty sure the Remarkables actually feature in a couple of background shots.

Ron - Glad you liked the show and you never know you might just bump into Nicky in the next few weeks as she is heading back to your neighbourhood to catch up with family for a couple of weeks.

Judy - The Remarkables do have that affect on people I have spent hours watching them from our old house and making this show was a little sad as we just don't have that view anymore. Thanks for the heads up on Beechbrook, I checked and you were right so I have emailed Bill and hopefully he can correct the link.

Regards all

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

A most enjoyable presentation - congratulations.

I would be interested to know if you simply used long overlapping transitions for some of your more extended movements of one slide over another or if you used O & A with fading overlays.

When I saw the show I rememered some of your posts about large panoramics it was ceratinly interesting to see some of them - maybe not your longest (?) but very effective.

I look forward to the other four shows in the sequence.

Kind Regards

Peter

Stevie - Thanks Stevie, Queenstown for your Honeymoon? You should have popped in and said Hi, you'll find me at the National Bank :-)

Peter - Glad you liked the show. Only time I used O&A was for the Titles. I love long fades and especially those moments when you think your looking at one thing but it turns out to be another. Definitely not my longest show but I'm tending to reduce the length these days mainly as peoples attention can start to wander after about 10 mins or so. Keeping it short also lets you concentrate the imagery without repeating images or at least showing very similiar images ( a flaw of some shows I have seen). Next show hopefully will be about the Earnslaw (a steamboat that operates on the Lake)

Cheers

Andrew

Hi Andrew enjoyed your show some spectacular images. For me personaly there was a bit too much pan and zoom, not allowing the eye to settle and enjoy the images as much as I would have liked, but a very well crafted and enjoyable sequence.

Best regards

Geoff

For me personaly there was a bit too much pan and zoom, not allowing the eye to settle and enjoy the images as much as I would have liked...

Geoff - Thanks for your comments. I have been busting (excuse the pun) to get some panoramas on to PTE as they don't get a lot of showing otherwise. One thing I have found with Panoramas is that you have two problems. 1. Without showing a very skinny narrow image across the centre of the screen its very hard to recreate the "overall" view of the panorama so as a result the viewer only gets a window as the panorama is panned across 2. The second problem is if you have an important element of the panorama close to either end of the Panorama you don't get a lot of time to view it in its entirety especially with a long fade or transition linking the Panoramas. I even toyed with showing the start of some the panoramas as stationary than starting the pan but this broke the flow and timing with the music.

Ron - Thanks Ron glad you liked the show. I have a confession to make, I spent a day driving through your beautiful country about 5 years ago but unfortunately I caught up with an old friend the night before and we had a few too many celebratory drinks so I was in not fit state to make even a half decent image the next day. I do plan to go back and do it properly one day :-) (P.S. My wife was doing the driving!)

Cheers

Andrew

Hi Andrew can you tell me what size the images are that you used for your panoramas please

regards

Geoff

Hi Geoff

They average out about 6000 x 1500 im original size (though the biggest was around 7800 x 1820) I the resized them so the height was no more than 853 this let me retain a 15:10 PTE Window Ratio (same 35mm Film Ratio) using a 1280 x 1024 Screen Resolution. In terms of megs of data most of them are between 0.5 and 1.0 Megabytes (that's in the cut down state to fit 853 height)

Cheers

Andrew