WnSoft Forums

PTE 5 Questions

Your site works fine for me using Firefox, Barry.

Do you monitor statistics on that for your site? Most figures I've seen indicate that Firefox now has a 'market share' of between 15 & 30% - not something I'd describe as a "tiny proportion".

Gareth

Well, to be honest I havn't looked lately and quoted from memory.

The point is, if there is a problem with another web browser then there is precious little I can do about it anyway.

Wouldn't know where to start and the site seems to work for others which tends to suggest any isolated problems are on an individual machine and not the web site they are trying to access.

Do I detect a little rising to the defence of Firefox here :rolleyes:

Well, to be honest I havn't looked lately and quoted from memory.

The point is, if there is a problem with another web browser then there is precious little I can do about it anyway.

Wouldn't know where to start and the site seems to work for others which tends to suggest any isolated problems are on an individual machine and not the web site they are trying to access.

Do I detect a little rising to the defence of Firefox here :rolleyes:

Barry,

I have been getting more and more problems from my use of Computer Associates Internet Security Suite. Today I threw it out and loaded Zone Alarm. Surprise surprise your web site loaded perfectly with Firefox. You may have seen another post where I had problems with start times for PTE Exe files particularly from menus. This problem has also been fixed by removing the CA suite.

Kind Regards

Peter

You may have seen another post where I had problems with start times for PTE Exe files particularly from menus. This problem has also been fixed by removing the CA suite.

Is this problem solved now?

In beta 12 we did 0% of CPU loading when slide show not in foreground (or paused) it may improve starting another slide show from menu.

In beta 13 we'll additiolly improve this moment and it should fully help.

Igor,

Yes the start up problem has indeed been solved by changing from CA to Zone Alarm. You will remember this software also caused a problem with your zipped Video Builder Registration key. PTE users should probably be warned of the problems this software seems to create. I now feel liberated!

Kind Regards

Peter

Is this problem solved now?

In beta 12 we did 0% of CPU loading when slide show not in foreground (or paused) it may improve starting another slide show from menu.

In beta 13 we'll additiolly improve this moment and it should fully help.