WnSoft Forums

How do I add a blank slide?

Michiele

Michiele:

Welcome to PTE !!

To add a new slide:

Put the new image in the folder with the other pictures in the show.

Open PTE and FILE/OPEN the show

Drag the new image from the column on the left (assuming it is open at the correct folder) to the position you want it in listing of images in the show in the centre right bottom.

And away you go.

Have fun

Michiele:

I just realized that perhaps I did not answer the right question....

There are lots of ways to add text to a blank image.

One way to do it is to use a black (or whatever colour you want) image and use the OBJECT EDITOR at the bottom centre of the PTE main page screen to add your text. Positioning of OBJECTS will vary depending on the resolution of the screen you are watching.

I usually do my titles/text in PhotoShop and insert the image into the show where I want it.

I hope one of the two answers helps

Michiele

Is your main question "How to create a blank" ? If so what picture editing software are you using? I use Photoshop and might be able to answer if that is so with you.

Ron [uK]

Michiele

Exactly. Save the blank and it is always there when needed. I often start and end my sequences with a blank.

Ron [uK]

Michiele,

You can also add any picture as your first slide and then uncheck the "Show Image" box. This then gives you a blank picture onto which you can add your text using the "Object Editor"

David (UK)

And though your "blank" slide is normally quite small file size anyway, if you do it as David suggests, the blank slide does not increase the file size of your show at all. As I understand it, any time you use a duplicate slide in your show, it does not increase the show files size - even if that duplicated slide has been altered to be blank or otherwise, as long as it is done within the PTE program. Please someone correct me if I have outstretched the truth here.

Bob,

That's my understanding, too. Duplicate slides require no additional space, except for the very minute space taken up by the additional text in the script that refers to them.

Of course, the objects you add to the suppressed slides will take up some space.

Michiele, may I suggest that you compare a black color background for your text to a less stark, pleasant yet relatively dark *color*. I have found that a blue-green shade 0-64-64 in RGB 24-bit color is very pleasant. If you aren't already familiar with how to generate this and don't have super image software, then just use Microsoft Paint. Go into Colors menu, click Edit colors and click the color box in next to bottom row, fourth color from left, then OK. It is a standard color selection in Paint. Next click the "spilling paint bucket" graphic and click in the blank white image from Paint startup. This turns the whole image your selected color. Finally do File menu, Save as, and select JPEG file as type to save, give it a name and click Save. You now have a tiny 9KB JPEG image file that can be used for a blank background in a lot of ways, with good general color compatibility for text colors and most images that you may place within the background.

Of course you may have a different preferable color B)

Enjoy PTE. You've made a good choice. It is the best in the world.

Cheers,