WnSoft Forums

Using Text in version 5 deluxe

Hemjr

I have been working with the new versions of Beta 5 and have a couple of questions. I have searched the search engine for "text" and find a lot of information. However, I still have some problems. When generating a text in O&A, I have problems being able to move the text placement on the screen. Under 4.48, in the objects editor, you could left click and drag the text where you wanted it to be, a very good feature. It seems our only choice now is to put it where it appears when developed or move it to center. Also, I use Lucida Calligraphy a good bit and it will not work under the new version whereas many other fonts will work. Igor, I assumed this was being corrected in this newest version. Are these some of the things that will be addressed in later revisions? Or am i overlooking something?

Thanks again for all the hard work!!

Howard

Howard

if you place a comment in the comment line of the main screen, by default it goes where the comments are selected to go

project options/comments

my default is top and the text is kind of masked by the tv safe zone - but i drag it wherever i want

then in the O/A section i can increase the size of the text by grabbing the handles of the outline holding the text

ken

Thanks Ken. Using the comments section prior to using O&A does let me click and drag the text. That is a big help. I do seem to remember Igor saying he had more work to do in this area and would be correcting in future versions. Yes, several of the different fonts work, but I was wanting to use Lucida Calligraphy. But I can make do until we see what he has in mind for the future.

Howard

Howard,

Excuse me, but I don't understand this problem. Please tell me in more details what a difference if you use Lucida Calligraphy font and say Arial font? If it's visual problem, please attach screenshot.

Igor, It is visual, and just personal preference. Lucida Caligraphy looks sort of like a script or hand written font, whereas arial font appears to be more like a typewritten front.

I can not give a screen shot since the computer will not display Lucida Calligraphy in version 5. I have tried it by adding the comments in both the comments section on the slide and also by adding the comments in O&A. Lucida Caligraphy shows properly in version 4.48.

Thanks,

Howard

Howard,

I confirmed your experience with Lucida Calligraphy - see attached screenshots.

(by the way, you can capture the screen if you set "windowed mode".)

post-215-1180098568_thumb.jpg

post-215-1180098578_thumb.jpg

Thanks Igor, Ken and Al. I look forward to the corrections. It really is a pleasure to get such fast positive responses to problems we have on our computers. The program is fantastic!. It is great to experiment with and see what we can do with it.

Howard

Hi Igor,

Thanks, I was just writing that whatever the problem, it affects many fonts because I've noticed that there were no changes between a large number of choices, but didn't connect it to the lengths - LOL

Best regards,

Lin

Howard,

We just fixed this bug in our code. The problem happened when font name was longer than 16 symbols. We will publish updated beta 15 today later.

from deep within my memory bank:)

win 3.1 and dos files could only accept 11 characters

along came win 95 and i believe the max file name got bumped up to 256

but

burning protocol is still limited to 11

sometimes things slip thru the cracks

ken

Thanks again Igor and all. I agree, there are several fonts that do not work, but I mostly only use Lucida Calligraphy.

Ken, once I put the show in windowed mode, how do I capture a screen shot?

Thanks again,

Howard

if you do not have a screen capture program

open ms paint

with what you want to to capture on the screen

press the "alt" key and the "print scrn" key

this copies the screen capture to the clipboard

click past in ms paint and save the image as a jpg to a directory where you can find it

i use this

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,...ml?tk=nl_hsxdwn

and have it working in the background all the time

ken

Thanks Ken,

I do have a print screen facility on my computers. I did not know how to use it. Did not realise it copys the page to the clipboard. What size do you normally attach to replys for the forum?

Howard

well i really cropped it yu may not be able to figger it out -- where it is in the pte orientation

ken

OK, I thought you meant orientation as "Landscape or Portrait" and could not figure why that would make a difference in this instance.

Thanks,

Howard