WnSoft Forums

Joining two or more shows together...

Igor,

Would it be possible in a future version to be able to join two shows together or append one show to another from within PTE?

I would happy to be able to do this BEFORE adding music to the final show. I think that the complications of joining two shows, both with music, might present difficulties (or maybe not?).

This would make it much easier to construct shows made up from standard Introductions and Endings.

In Powerpoint this can be achieved by the command “Insert slides from files”. A similar method might be adapted to PTE?

Best wishes,

DaveG

Hi Dave,

You can already do this. Some time ago Hawk provided the method which consists on a very simple copy/paste operation.

Open the file you want to copy from and go to the slide list. Select all slides and perform an Edit/Copy. Leave the show open and open the show you want to copy to. Go to the slide list and do a Paste. Save the second show under a new name. That's it.

Lin

Igor,

Would it be possible in a future version to be able to join two shows together or append one show to another from within PTE?

I would happy to be able to do this BEFORE adding music to the final show. I think that the complications of joining two shows, both with music, might present difficulties (or maybe not?).

This would make it much easier to construct shows made up from standard Introductions and Endings.

In Powerpoint this can be achieved by the command "Insert slides from files". A similar method might be adapted to PTE?

Best wishes,

DaveG

Thanks Lin,

That's not quite what I had in mind - I was thinking more along the Powerpoint model.

P.S. Maybe it worked in a BETA version but I can't get it to work on my Version 5.0 - can you point me to HAWK's original post?

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

DaveG

Dave I do exactly want you want to do. I keep a show with my standard start and end and copy/past it into each new show I make.

The following is the technique I use, I keep the steps in a word doc so I can check ifI remember the right steps. I can't remember where I go these so apology to whoever the original creator was in advance, it may well have been Hawk.

Adding 2 PTE files to make 1 PTE file.

Right click on image/images in the “ Slide List – choose “ Copy “

*** Do not close PTE.

Go to “ File “ - New / or Open your new working project, and in Slide List – right click and “ Paste “

This does copy all the “ Objects & Annimation “ of the sample image/images.

Now - " Save as "

Open other samples and repeat.

You should be able to Copy / Paste your samples into one show.

You cannot close PTE and restart, - ( this can only be pasted into existing open PTE project.)

Nor can you “ Select All “ / Copy in Object and Annimation section and “ Paste “ into new project. It must be done from the SLIDE LIST.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Guys,

The reason that it would not work for me was that I was trying to open a NEW SHOW in a NEW Window (i.e. having two windows open at the same time). By opening a new file or an existing file from within the file I am copying from it works.

My request to Igor still stands – would it be possible to build in a system of copying slides from one show to another in the same manner as the Powerpoint model. Sorry to keep coming back to that but it seems the most user friendly method.

Thanks once again,

DaveG.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Igor,

I tried the suggestion made above (Hawk's Method) but it does not do what I want.

When you copy from one project to another the COPIED slides all take on the PROJECT OPTIONS of the host project.

In other words the PROJECT OPTIONS of both projects have to be identical or unexpected things happen.

Thanks again,

DaveG

• 10 years later...

Rob, this is a VERY old thread!

This procedure is no longer necessary - PTE will now copy and paste between projects using the Windows Clipboard. I think that you need both incidences to be the same version.

Does that help?

DG

I use Windows 7 and it doesn't seem to work on that. I did try the method earlier in the post where you simply cut and paste but I found that although the slides were pasted back in the music associated with it did not. When they say only the Slide List by this do they man the Slides and not Timeline?

Also, I hope you don't mind me asking but I'm designing a lecture where I would like to manually move from one image to the next (not to be dictated by time) as I will be speaking about it but when I hit a certain image the AV Slideshow with music begins and at the end of the show it stops and I resume, manually moving from one image to the other. Is this at all possible? Many thanks.