WnSoft Forums

Music Time is Decreased & Presentation Cut Off

Bill Wiley

The music I'm using is 11 minutes 26 seconds long, but when loaded into the presentation the Timer says it is only 11 minutes and 15 seconds long. In other words, 11 seconds get cut off the end of my presentation.

I can't figure out how to make the presentation play the entire 11:26. Right now the entire presentation simply ends.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bill

Bill,

This is not a normal action of PTE so there is something unusual with your music track. Is it an mp3 file and have you carefully looked at it in an editor such as Audacity or Adobe Audition. I have never had a music track whose length is different in PTE than Audition. If you have just determined the track length from some information on a CD or from Windows Media Player, then you might get an incorrect answer.

Now if the music track is longer than the duration of the last slide, the music track will be cut off before it ends. Look in the Timeline and show the music waveform. See when the last slide ends and make sure that it ends slightly longer than the music track. Then it should work ok.

Hi Bill,

Could it be that you have less than eleven minutes and 26 seconds programmed for the time of your slides? If you go to the timeline from the main menu and click on "auto spread slides along music" what happens?

Lin

The music I'm using is 11 minutes 26 seconds long, but when loaded into the presentation the Timer says it is only 11 minutes and 15 seconds long. In other words, 11 seconds get cut off the end of my presentation.

I can't figure out how to make the presentation play the entire 11:26. Right now the entire presentation simply ends.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bill

Hello Bill,

In 'Project Options', 'Music', select "Show Music Duration". Does this give you the correct time?

If not, reload the Music file.

On the 'Timeline' at the end, there are two indicators. One shows "End of Music", the other shows "End of Last Slide".

If "End of Last Slide" occurs before "End of Music" the music will be truncated.

Hope this helps.

Limey.

I think this MP3 file has an incorrect duration written in the header of this file. PicturesToExe 5 plays MP3 music file exactly as described in the header of MP3 file. And no problem with correctly encoded MP3 music files when announced durations corresponds to real duration.

The song was recorded in .WAV format and offhand, I don't know if I can change it to MP3. I've tried saving it in MP3 but the program(s) I've brought it up in won't let me.

I'll be able to try some of the suggestions above in a couple of hours, so if something works I'll be eternally grateful.

Bill

Bill

post your wav file

<100 mb

at

http://www.mediafire.com/

set up and acct and when you have it uploaded you wil get a link to the file - if you post it in this thread somebody will download it and try to convert to a mp3 --sized to be able to mail it back to you -- off course you will have to provide your email addie

or

you can do as Jeff suggests

play it in an editor such as Audacity -- recording it and saving as an mp3

what is name of the wav and where did you get it?

ken

Thanks to everyone for all the information. This has been a learning experience and I will make changes in the future.

Like Jeff Evans suggested, I was able to change duration of the last slide and that made the difference. Seems elementary now. The presentation finishes out smoothly and comes to a nice close. I will also be careful in the future to check music durations, etc., as well as convert music files to MP3. I didn't know what software programs were available for that and now I'm in business.

This was my first post on this site and all of you really helped me out.

Thanks, Bill

P.S. - If you're in to nature/wildlife photography, my website is www.wmwiley.com