WnSoft Forums

Florida Wildlife sequence

fh1805

Hi everyone,

This is my first post in this part of the forum. I'm offering the sequence below for comment.

Wild Side of Florida.exe - http://www.mediafire.com/?6s9cjtmbixd

I'm a long-time member of my local Photographic Society so I'm used to being on the receiving end of the judge's scathing comments. So, go ahead, shoot!

I've been using PTE V4 for about two years now. The early sequences were simply conversions of existing "analogue" sequences to the digital format. This is the first sequence that was built from scratch using scanned slides, ripped music, Audacity and PTE V4.

Hope somebody out there enjoys it.

cheers,

Peter

Thank you for sharing Peter. I really like it. It is soft and gentle and relaxing. Thank you for coming up with all the bird names! Do you just know them? Or do you have to look them up? The music and sound effects are very soothing. This is a slideshow to put in my "To Keep" Folder. I like how your photos have a consistent color tone and softness throughout. The alligators made me a little nervous, but they look harmless enough in the pictures. Now I want to go visit a swamp!

jk

Judy,

Thanks for your comments. When I visited the Everglades in 1999 I was a keen birdwatcher and natural history photographer, so I had done all my homework and knew what birds I was looking at and photographing. I had to buy a Field Guide for the flowers. They were identified using the 35mm slide and the book after I got home.

Glad you liked it.

Really nice slide show and the music was perfect.

I hope you don't mind me saying that you have some great wildlife shots in this show, but you are not getting the best quality from them.

Check out what I mean here

www.beckhamdigital.co.uk/temp/temp.htm

You will see two versions of your own images with a smallest of adjustments in an image editor like Elements or Photoshop. The balance of tone just needs a slight adjustment and when you do that the added contrast helps sharpness too.

I used an automatic setting here to create the difference, so its not a difficult thing to do and your images will be better for it.

Regards

BB

Barry,

Thanks for that tip (and the illustration of the effect on the page on your web site). It doesn't always work well with every image though, does it?

I copied all the images into my Playpen folder and then ran Process Multiple Files in Photoshop Elements 5, doing only the automatic levels. In many instances I think it actually softened the image whilst in others it introduced some unwanted colour shifts in parts of the image. I suppose it is something that is worth giving a try out on each image and, if I like the effect go with it and if I don't, there's always Ctrl+Z!!!

Peter

Your right the auto setting doesn't work all the time, but a manual one will. Not knowing what your skill levels was and what editor you were using I just gave a hint of the improvements you can get.

It really is worth learning a bit more about levels. In some cases where all the lighting conditions are perfect it makes little difference at all, but at the other end of the scale, the different can be WOW !

Barry