WnSoft Forums

Heavy Camera Gear

Ronniebootwest

I need to replenish my photo stocks in order to make more PTE Slide Shows but I recently upgreded my camera and associated lens to a Canon. I now find that I need some help with carrying all the gear around. Can anyone point me to a web site link where I can get a 'two wheel trolly' that is purpose made for carrying photographic gear around?

I am in the UK, so it would be helpful if this equipment was available in this country, although it is not essential.

Ron

Hi Ron,

B&H Photo Video (New York) have what you want starting at $150 ~ (£75).

They are called "Camera Rolling Cases". I have dealt with this Firm for some

years and they have an excellent 'Delivery System.

Apart from the above, the 'Link' below will give you an idea of whats available.

I'm sure Jessops will have the same item by "Brand Name" which name you

could look up on the Web to find the U.K Supplier.

Brian.Conflow.

B&H PhotoVideo:-

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/shop/191/Cam...ling_Cases.html

Cheap golf cart works great and you can leave your tripod and lens attached. I use this when things are tight and when I've got lots of room I have a little red Radio Flyer wagon which works great. Makes all the kids at the zoo jealous - LOL..

Lin

Ron

You should have thought about that before buying a Pro camera. If you can't handle that Canon 1Ds mk2 I will take it off your hands for a few quid. I could carry that and my 1Ds and save changing lenses.

I'll give you £500 for it, no questions asked

:P

Arrrr So there is a disadvantage of owning the RR of digital SLRs. I'm still envious. :o

The camera backpack has worked well for me in many different situations.

Sorry Barry I'm going to up your offer £501. :lol:

Barry,

Sorry mate, £500 won't cut it :P

Its not the weight of the camera so much (I hade a 1D Mark II before so I am aware of the weight) it is more that all the gear together, e.g. camera, spare back-up body, 2 lens, tripod, Flash, bag etc when all combined take a lot of room and make it quite difficult to get the shots.

By the way, I will consider giving you 50p for each of your tutorials, based on your above offer.

Ron

Ron.

Done, I get your 1Ds Mk2 for £500 and you can have a copy of every tutorial at 50p each. When can I come over and collect.

Seriously, IFA has the answer, I turned away from backpacks for years because you have to take them off and put them down every time you change lenses. I didn't want to do that, but that is a small price to pay for ease of carrying gear in a backpack.

I have used a backpack style for some years now and would not go back to a standard bag. When your kit is supported across both shoulders you almost forget its there. When you are taking pics at least the heaviest bit of kit is then in your hands and the rest is easily supported.

B

Hi Ron,

Following on from my B&H PhotoVideo suggestion (above) and knowing that you're a guy who

gets things done...Pop down to Lidl or Aldi or Woolworths and pick up a 'Roller Flight Case' which

come in all sizes from £20. (Make sure it has an alloy frame and alloy telescopic handles)

then go to B&Q and pick up a 4'x4' piece of ¼" WP.Plywood (WP:Waterproof) and some Resin-W

and a lenght of quadrant ¼"x¼" Beading.

Chop up the WP to fit into the case, and glue Beading into the corners ~ line the Camera Section

with Sponge. Now you have an Airline go-anywhere 'custom-made' Roller Case built for the job.

Doing it this way means you can 'tailor-make' the compartments to suit your Camera Hardware.

Sounds like a good Saturday afternoon project...

Brian.Conflow.

I hope forum members agree with me, that the older gentlemen Like Ron should be made to have a medical examination before being allowed to purchase a Canon 1Ds MkII

Definitely Barry.

By the way I just noticed your heading in that direction. :lol:

Happy Birthday!!! :P

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

I have now found a very nice little trolley that solves all my problems. It is called an 'Insert Trolley' and is available from here: http://www.fotosense.co.uk/shop/Kata_Bags/...3169&tabID=

It is small light and collapsible and works just perfectly.

Ron.