WnSoft Forums

Another question on Slide List

Igor

Let me know, please, what you think about displaying of items in the Slide List.

Currently it may happens file name can be shown because of a long picture's file path: www.wnsoft.com/SlideList_FullPath1.gif

And I have two ideas how to improve this situation.

This way provides ability to always see file name of a picture and beggining of the file path: www.wnsoft.com/SlideList_FullPath2.gif

And final variant I like it more, - it is to display file name only, without full path where located the picture. Anyway user can look at the full path below when he selects the slide: www.wnsoft.com/SlideList_FilenameOnly.gif

We can add ability to set any one from these variants, but which is better by default settings?

Just I'd like to make more comfortable using of the Slide list.

Thanks Igor, I prefer option 3 as the default. The full path is visible in both the show image field and the status bar at bottom of screen. The status bar has the most space for very long path+name to fit. :(

In option 3, will you truncate the right side? if the file name alone is very long? E.g. "Starry, starry night..."

Option 2 is cluttered and provides too little partial path information.

Option 1 is clearly the worst because of image file *name* truncation or elimination. I have adjusted my working method since day one to always move the working directory to root-level when working on it because of this length problem.

I agree

Option 3

Ron [uK]

Climbing on board...option 3, please! :) Clean and simple. Easy to find the folder info, doesn't clutter the Slide list. Nice!

because as has been stated many times the easiest way to do a show is start with all the "pieces" in a properly ID'd folder -- therefore we already know were the picts are  B)

Them's fightin' words, pardner! :) Semi-seriously, Ken, I hope that we don't start building features into PTE that assume a specific work-flow for the program to be effective. Part of the great strength of PTE is its current flexibility that serves many different ways of putting together shows (as well as creating many types of shows). I would be disappointed, and I believe PTE would be lessened, if PTE began to require certain work-flows to be used effectively.

I know I'm over-reacting, but we "multiple-folder browers" are a paranoid lot. ;)

Dana