WnSoft Forums

User controle for sound

LCraker

Gwhite, I think I see the reason you in particular want a MUTE key.  When you go through the show subsequent times with a customer to select photos (e.g.) and want to say something, you have to temporarily MUTE, or better - temporarily LOWER the volume so you can hear each other. Your solution so far is to just make a muted show.

think(box)

You were almost there, I put my weddings on a CD for the Bride & Groom to use to make their choices for their album and also to show to family and friends.

They tend to be simple folk (much like myself) and adding other programs with slider controls is likely just to cause confusion. A simple mute by pressing the m key (for example) working as a toggle gives them the ability to stop the sound if they get fed up hearing it, can you imagine how many times they are likely to go through it, before making a final decision?!

Gwhite and all, please check out Granot's Volume Slider utility now at:

Bill's test results and review of Granot's Volume Slider V1.2

Gwhite, I think this is sufficiently slick and simple enough that even not-well-versed computer users can figure it out when they watch a show. Perhaps we should use the .BAT file, no button press needed, approach to loading the control whether SYNCHRONIZED or NOT SYNCHRONIZED for widest user audience skill level and appeal.

Please check it out!

Thank you for all you have done for this much needed utility for PTE. My question is how are some pte creators doing to inform the end user the choices to adjust the volume control (ie: mute,restore,etc.) Can these choice be kept on the screen during the show? It could be difficult for some end users to remember which buttons to push to make changes. Let me know any ideas. Thanks

MarkOC

Thanks Granot

You put much work into a project for others.

One can not say enough about the work you do.

You are one of the many reasons I read this forum

often. Members here are always so much help to others.

They help friends they hardly even know.

Thanks

cc

MarkOC

You can write in the "Help" message ("Customize help message") some basic informaton about using the volume control or just tell user to click on red small dot and read the full "Help" of the utility.

Mark, here are some more ideas after Granot's reply to let all users know about keyboard controls:

This is an issue with any P2E show as well, for which Igor has already provided a solution. We just have to use a startup screen at minimum, and optionally add "Help" button that is customized for volume slider control. Here are some steps, options and notes:

• In PTE Project Options Main tab check "Show startup window" & click "Customize Startup Window"
  • Check the boxes "Show <Help> button" and "Show <Exit> button" as required for these two options:
  • Option: Create & use image that includes stylized help text/font for P2E show & vol slider; add in "Show image"
  • Option: Customize P2E's help window. In PTE Project Menu, click "Customize Help Message"
  • Note: If person viewing clicks "Help" in Startup screen, your image is blanked to background during view
  • If you use your own startup image, you can choose fonts as image content (no missing fonts problem)
  • If you also include P2E help button you can give more verbose help for those so inclined (many ignore it)
  • Whether synchronized or not, the P2E startup screen works and gives chance to provide helpful info
  • One thing to tell the viewer is to click on the red dot on volume slider at top-left for help with control
  • You need two forms of help image or P2E help screen - synchronized and unsynchronized
  • For synchronized show help just tell about vol control and how to exit both
  • For unsynchronized show also include P2E keyboard controls help