WnSoft Forums

Pictures to Exe website contains trojan???

daveharris

Hi Dave,

I suspect it's a false positive. There are perhaps 30 different virus/trojan/spyware detectors being used by forum members and if only one is finding an issue it's very likely an error. Some detectors tend to err on the side of caution and report issues where they really don't exist. Perhaps others can comment on whether they see any issues.

I'm using the latest versions of Nod 32, PC Tools Spyware Doctor, UniBlue Spy Eraser, Pareto Anti-Spyware and Adaware and none of these are reporting an issue.

Best regards,

Lin

Igor,

Sorry to post this here but you need to be made aware that the Sophos AV product is detecting a trojan on the forum website. Here's the link to the description of the detection:

http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/trojifradva.html

Regards,

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

I have noticed over the last couple of days that sometimes when I come to the forums I am prompted to install a "Remote Data Services Control" active-x. I get the little bar at the top of IE. I just ignore it and move into the forum I want and it usually goes away.

Igor,

Kaspersky has reported it's back.

Yes, I did clear my cache yesterday and had no problems, tonight the trojan was reported again.

Regards,

Dave

Websense, the tool used by a large number of businesses to control their employee access to the Internet has again classified this site as a malicous website due to the trojan problems. This means that many people will have their access to the forum blocked.

Igor, perhaps you should consider hosting the forum elsewhere.

Dave

Websense, the tool used by a large number of businesses to control their employee access to the Internet has again classified this site as a malicous website due to the trojan problems. This means that many people will have their access to the forum blocked.

Igor, perhaps you should consider hosting the forum elsewhere.

Dave

I am getting a malware warning when I try to access the WnSoft Forum via Beechbrook Cottage. However, I do not get any indication of problems when going direct to the forum from my Favourites.

All very puzzling - and unnerving!

Each time I directly open this Forum Website for the first time in a morning, Norton warns me of a TROJAN HORSE, I then do a scan with XoftspySE and Spybot and nothing of a serious nature is detected. Not sure whether it is this Forum or Norton, so this morning I opened another Website first, Norton did not detected a virus, but then when opening this Forum it did.

At last I have seen this warning from my NOD32 when I unloaded firewall and opened forum in Internet Explorer 7 instead of Firefox.

Strange problem. I've sent these new details to Invision company, developers of the forum's engine.

I apologize for this problem.

Here's a strange one too !

When trying to access the forum from Beechbrook - IE 6 is closed down on my PC!

I can access directly from Favourites, but first access from here results in a 'Cannot find page' alert, A second attempt gets me to the forum.

This has been the case for the last few days now.

NO virus alert has been triggered at all by Avast, my anti virus application.

The plot thickens!

DEN (NE UK)

This problem seems to be fully solved now.

I just checked up - no problem with Internet Explorer anymore.

Hi Igor,

I just got back from a few days Holidays..

Yes that "Trojan" was quite real, it was sitting on the 'Invision Server'

and was trying to auto-download a Video-Clip each time somebody

tried to access the 'Forum Site'.

It had absolutely nothing to do with the Forum Site what so ever...

it was an undetected attack on the 'Invision Server' ~ they should be

more vigilant about things as that Trojan-WildCard came out in 2004.

It now seems to be cleared off their Server...

Brian.Conflow.