WnSoft Forums

Images of Kansas

dpeterso

I've prepared another slideshow this afternoon. It's nothing fancy, just good old pictures and music. I'd appreciate you taking a look and letting me know your impressions. It's titled "Images of Kansas" and is at the bottom of the list at the following link:

http://www.epetersons.com/slideshows/

Hope you enjoy.

Dave

Hey Dave...I loved it. Just my cup of tea. It actually made me want to go to Kansas...and that is saying something. The road shots and the old quiet buildings resting in the trees or out in the plains...man that is my nut. Thanks for putting this show together. It's a keeper.

Jeff Lunt

Enjoyed your show Dave, nice images, thanks.

I enjoyed the show very much!!

Thanks for sharing.

I do have one comment..... the single photo of the fire

stuck in the middle troubled me.

I found it shocking and out of place.

Here I was getting all misty eyed and relaxed from the

beautiful, peaceful scenes and suddenly there was a fire.

It was rather like hiking in the woods on a beautiful day

and rounding a bend to discover a dead animal laying

in the path.

Just my 2¢

Peace!

KyDan

I agree with everybody above. One thing I might add is that the rich colors were something I could almost taste. With every picture (including the anomalous fire picture) I could smell it! Add that to the pretty music and wonderful photographic images and it is perfect!

Something else: It is so....Kansas. You capture the essence of rural KS very well.

Thanks for sharing.

jk

Thanks to all of you for your comments. I learn from all of you, and it's gratifying to know you liked the show. I will be officially retired on 3-1-08, so I plan to spend much more time traveling (on the motorcycle) and taking pictures. Now I will finally have time as an ally and I can continue the search for the "good light".

Regards,

Dave

I've made some changes to "Images of Kansas" based primarily on what Dan & JudyKay said about the fire. The word "anomalous" used by JudyKay sums up the situation well. I didn't initially catch the mood shift because being from Kansas, the spring prairie burning is a spectacle to behold. However, I used it out of context. I've also made a few other picture changes that I hope stengthens the show.

Here's the link:

It's at the bottom and titled: "Images of Kansas (01)"

Have a nice day.

Dave

I hardly noticed the fire slide...surely not a problem, But...I did like the new pictures you included. They are all very inviting and I will include Kansas

in my todo list.

All the best Dave...can't wait til you are out and about all the time.

Jeff

I've made some changes to "Images of Kansas" based primarily on what Dan & JudyKay said about the fire. The word "anomalous" used by JudyKay sums up the situation well. I didn't initially catch the mood shift because being from Kansas, the spring prairie burning is a spectacle to behold. However, I used it out of context. I've also made a few other picture changes that I hope stengthens the show.

Here's the link:

It's at the bottom and titled: "Images of Kansas (01)"

Have a nice day.

Dave

Dave,

I am not sure how much feedback you want, and as I am new here I don't want to alienate anyone by perhaps saying too much?

First of all, not everyone's system/firewall/anti virus etc allow them to download an exe. So a zip might allow more folk to be able to download your work. I find it only reduces the size by a small amount, but it is worth the effort if it allows more folk to be able to download it.

I enjoyed your show, indeed I watched twice. Kansas looks well and I enjoyed the detail in the houses/barns and the old rusted tractor. May I make a few comments?

I thought the music started too early.

The 1st image is a cracker, as we say here in Northern Ireland. Therefore I think making it into a title undermines the image, I would go for s simple black background for the title and use the umage as the great first shot. Also, forgive my ignorance, is Kansas cowboy country? If so you might want to think about a cowboy type font, rather than the one you use at present.

I particularly liked the images of the roads undulating into the distance. The sequence for the road with the church and then the church in detail was most impressive. I am not sure about the 3 images of the cemetery, although each are interesting images (especially the one of the white head stones across the hill) to me they don't conjour up an impression of Kansas.

And lastly the image with the two shoes in the old window looks too staged, you could have gotten away with one, but two - for me - is one too many ;-)

I hope this helps and please give me feedback on my feedback, so I know just how much should say. I am keen to learn and from past experience someone will only give honest, decent and sincere feedback if they have been afforded the same luxury :D

Dave,

So a zip might allow more folk to be able to download your work.

I've considered this, but avoided it because of no complaints, and more importantly, I not ready to teach my 91 year old parents how to extract a zip file.

I thought the music started too early.

Just curious Mark, how much too early? I kinda thought the show got to the first picture too quickly, but I was too lazy to fix it.

is Kansas cowboy country? If so you might want to think about a cowboy type font, rather than the one you use at present.

Kansas is not really cowboy country as much as it's farming country. Anyway, what is a "Cowboy type font"?

And lastly the image with the two shoes in the old window looks too staged, you could have gotten away with one, but two - for me - is one too many ;-)

I only shot what I saw regaring the shoes.

I hope this helps and please give me feedback on my feedback, so I know just how much should say.

I don't mind your input Mark. I may not agree with it, but I'll always take it into consideration and learn from it.

Regards,

Dave

Hi Dave,

If I had parents in their 90's I would exactly the same. PTE must be a great way to share so much with your parents.

For me the music starts as soon as the first page appears on screen. I am beginning to think this might be a Vista problem, as the music also starts almost with a pop. However, othe shows start the first page and after a second delay the music fades in perfectly.

I was thinking of Playbill or some other Western Style font.

re the two shoes, I thought it was a staged shot. My apologies Dave, there was no intention to insult your integrity.

Thanks for your feedback on my feedback. I certainly seem to take the same approach as you, take all feedback into careful consideration and learn from it.