WnSoft Forums

Resolution

Mike Reed

My new camera offers resolutions of 4288x2848 down to 2144x1424. Up to now I have always saved my PTE images at 1024x768. I cannot get my head around which will be the best resolution to save at bearing in mind that my projector is XGA without loosing too much detail. I am trying to cover the possibilty of High Resolution wide screen television use in the future.

Mike

I suppose one idea is to program your show from the full resolution images and once complete, save a backup in zip.

You could then use that backup zip file that contains your slide show and adjust the image sizes at any time to suit your output in years to come. On static slide shows (without animation) we can do this fairly easily using actions in Photoshop, but perhaps each variant would need a few tweaks if you used animation.

Or you create wide screen AV's now and ignore the black bar you will get top and bottom of the screen.

This is an issue that is important to me as you may read in other threads. How can we make sure our slide shows display correctly on all monitors. I am not sure we ever will.

Mike

I suppose one idea is to program your show from the full resolution images and once complete, save a backup in zip.

You could then use that backup zip file that contains your slide show and adjust the image sizes at any time to suit your output in years to come. On static slide shows (without animation) we can do this fairly easily using actions in Photoshop, but perhaps each variant would need a few tweaks if you used animation.

Or you create wide screen AV's now and ignore the black bar you will get top and bottom of the screen.

This is an issue that is important to me as you may read in other threads. How can we make sure our slide shows display correctly on all monitors. I am not sure we ever will.

Thanks Barry

I did not think PTE could handle full resolution images as the total file size gets too big. That is why I save mine for the Web in order to get small file sizes.

Mike

Mike,

In the above post you wrote"...I did not think PTE could handle full resolution images ..."

Do not confuse what PTE can/cannot do with what the computer hardware can/cannot do. PTE, so far as I know, can handle any file size that we might care to give it. The limiting factor is always the ability of the computer hardware to handle that same file in the way that we want it to. This depends, not on PTE's abilities, but on the abilities of the Graphics card or chipset installed in the PC. There have been many past threads that have discussed this point.

Mike,

Peter is correct about this. Working recently with very high-resolution images with very large file sizes I thought I'd discovered a limitation of PTE but it turned out to be a limitation of Windows.

A large part of the best answer to your question depends on whether you intend to produce mainly .exe files as output or video footage. If you can answer that I can give you some suggestions.

Ray