WnSoft Forums

Image Quality

Thank you Ken... it was chinese for me !

Perhaps you will find a translation to these french expressions :

Avec des si, on met Paris en bouteille

literally "With if(s), we can put Paris in a bottle"

if(s) = With good camera + good lens + good subject + much time + good lighting + good idea + some manipulation + good software + some artistic sense + some technical knowledge + etc, etc, etc, etc....

we can put Paris in a bottle = the shows would be so much better

Il va encore couler beaucoup d'eau sous les ponts d'ici là

It still will flow much water under the bridges by then

... and the discussion can go on, useless, useless, useless and endless, endless, endless, endless .......... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FOR SOME INSANE REASON :)

i have to agree where Barry is coming from

so many time a newbie comes on board and asks a question -- invariab;y some OLDIE will recommend the latest beta -- get adobe and all your toubles will be over etc etc

when we should be emphasising basic things - ver 4.49 -- a simple graphics program etc and learn how to walk first instead of entering a xcountry marathon

my photographic mentor would not sell me a colour lab until i learned the basics of black and white photograph/darkroom and how to properly take pictures

using his guidelines saved me a pile of money in the long run :)

ken

Just for fun have a look at this:

http://www.vaughns-1-pagers.com/psychology...n-dominance.htm

It simply points out that we all have preferred areas of thinking and doing.

Barry you say:

"I always find it amusing that those who are the most technical rarely produce any work."

I am not sure it is particularly amusing or surprising it's just that they don't think like you do. You don't like technical detail they do. I think it's a bit unfair to say they (whoever they may be) rarely produce any work. They may not produce many wonderfully visual AVs but they do produce technical improvements. I wonder how good PTE would be if nobody involved in its development wanted to get into technical detail? The best teams contain people from all of Hermann's quadrants but the trouble is the members never see eye to eye on anything. :rolleyes:

Live and let live and just accept that different people like immersing themselves in different aspects of PTE or anything else anyone likes to mention.

Back on the subject of quality and wise old sayings here is an English one:

"You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear." :rolleyes:

Peter

Peter

Yeah, I don't disagree with you and I need those technical buff's from time to time myself.

However, "You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear you say." :rolleyes:

Well...............perhaps you can these days. Well, as long as the image has something going for it and is not a complete sop.

Just depends how long you want to spend doing it :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I recently put a challenge up on my web site for those who had an image that they felt was nearly there, but they couldn't quite gain the improvements they wanted. I then did a tutorial on the image and did what I thought it required. I tried to ensure I explained why I was doing what I was doing and then how. The idea worked very well and it gvies me subjects for tutorial DVD's.

Anyone want to take advantage of the offer, read below

http://www.beckhamforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1471

I always find it amusing that those who are the most technical rarely produce any work

One each 5 weeks for me with V5, that's right, try to be as perfect, technically, as possible take a lot of time and made tests, tutorials and exemples also. The help to others need a lot of time. I spend more time on other's slideshows than on mine.

All my slideshows aren't here, because sometimes there are french in them.

It simply points out that we all have preferred areas of thinking and doing.

Sorry, since I was born I always have been in the left/top part of the graphic :( I hope those who are in the other parts will excuse me.

Jean-Pierre,

Don't be sorry. We need you. In fact we all need the help of people in the other parts. If we were all in the upper right quadrant we might be fantastically creative and innovative but quite incapable of ever finishing anything and none of the details would ever be attended to.

There is no right or wrong - just how we are.

Peter

You never did say what part of Australia your from?

Sorry Barry I missed the first question.

Central Victoria, Bendigo area.

John

It seems I won't be dropping in for a beer that often then, we expect to settle around Brisbane, probably Noosa or somewhere near there. Should have the visa in July.

All we have to do now is sell the house, but what a time we have picked :angry: