WnSoft Forums

Can someone please help me with the timeline?

I have a slideshow that I have been working on FOREVER. It is pictures of my husbands family. The mother of all families wanted me to do pictures of all her kids, and grand kids in their seperate families. The first family has a 1yr old. I have alot of pictures of her and I want one song for her. Then it goes on to the other families kids but that song just can repeat itself over and over until all the slides are done.

The first song I have about 35 pictures before I want the song to come to an end but the song ends up cutting short before the new song comes. I don't know how to work the timeline and I don't understand the instructions very well. I just downloaded the 5.5 version because I figured that was what everyone would tell me to do to start out with.

Thanks in advance I am hoping to figure this out someday.

Cureous George

You should try to combine all of your music tracks into one single track using Audacity or Audition.

It is then easy to spread the first 35 images over the first song and the rest over the remainder of the music.

I don't think that it is possible to play one track and then have a second track repeat any other way.

The best way is to make a single track which fits the length of your show.

DaveG

I don't think that it is possible to play one track and then have a second track repeat any other way.

DaveG

If I am understanding correctly the "problem" -

If you don't want to combine the songs into one .mp3 file, you could in Project/Music, simply add the Song #2 multiple times there to equal the total desired length of the show.

If you still have a problem of song #1 cutting off too soon -

You should be able to simply increase the duration of the slide(s) on the screen up to the point where the sound #1 should end.

If I am understanding correctly the "problem" -

If you don't want to combine the songs into one .mp3 file, you could in Project/Music, simply add the Song #2 multiple times there to equal the total desired length of the show.

If you still have a problem of song #1 cutting off too soon -

You should be able to simply increase the duration of the slide(s) on the screen up to the point where the sound #1 should end.

Yes, this is what I have been doing, adding the second song on more then once and it works fine. I just don't know how to cut off the first song where I want it to. I can slide my duration over but then they are not even if that makes sense. I really would like the ending of the second song to stop at a certain place too then when it restarts is when the new family comes up but i don't know if I am asking for to much here or not.

Cureous George

Guest Yachtsman1

If I am reading you correctly, you want to repeat a particular song in a specific place in your show? If that is so just make a note of the slide the first track finishes on then add the track you want to that slide.