WnSoft Forums

Objects and Animation Screen

I have a few observations which I am sure have already been raised, but here goes.

In the Object section of the O&A screen, maybe a few icons along the top or bottom like Photoshop. Back one and forward one would be a great shortcut to change the stacking order or the ability to drag and drop object layers into the positions you want them, just like Photoshop. Little icons/thumbnails would be great too, so we can see the layer selected.

Would it also be possible to lock a selected object from the objects section so that no matter where you click and drag within the main animation window the layer selected is the only one to move. When you have transparent backgrounds I often find myself moving the wrong object and the selection switches as I click to drag.

It would also be good if we could copy either the start or end animation settings to another image or object. I have often wanted to easily transfer the end animation settings to become the start animation settings for the next slide/object.

If we are going to continue to use Png frames perhaps the ability to copy an object to all images in a sequence, or all images selected perhaps.

Another thought. What is the disadvantage of having the sound wave file displayed by default. I would guess many users always turn it on as I do and it doesn't hurt being on screen for those who don't. It may also alert newer users of a great tool they can use.

In the Animation > Pan tab, the up arrow moves the object down and the down arrow moves the object up. Would it not make sense to have them the other way round and then the left and right arrows designed and pointing in the right directions accordingly.

In the mode section I always think the labels could be better.

Fit to Slide would be more descriptive if it was called Fit to Screen.

Original could be changed to Original Size, which again maybe more descriptive and there is room for the added word.

Cover Slide would then become Cover Screen

Barry,

I'm in agreement with all of these.

Just one request for clarification, though. You wrote: "Another thought. What is the disadvantage of having the sound wave file displayed by default. I would guess many users always turn it on...".

Were you referring here to the display in the main window or is there a way of displaying the actual waveform in the O&A window that I've missed?

Would it also be possible to lock a selected object from the objects section so that no matter where you click and drag within the main animation window the layer selected is the only one to move. When you have transparent backgrounds I often find myself moving the wrong object and the selection switches as I click to drag.

I would like to have this feature, as well.

If we are going to continue to use Png frames perhaps the ability to copy an object to all images in a sequence, or all images selected perhaps.

I think it would be nice to have this feature with the additional option that the inserted object is the parent of anything else.

Best regards,

Xaver

Munich