WnSoft Forums

Making new Sequence

giljones

I have a slide sequence which I made around 6 years ago, before I knew about templates etc. I would like to do it again and bring it up to date. Is there any way I can do this? I had thought photographing each image on the screen, is ther a better or possible way. Gilbert

Hi Gilbert,

What software did you use to create the sequence? If you used PTE and if you have preserved the files then you can still load the original images assuming they are still available with the latest versions of PTE.

If all you have left are the executable files then the best way is definitely "not" to photograph the images on the screen but rather use any of a number of available screen capture tools to capture the images and save them as files to be used in your new sequence.

Best regards,

Lin

I have a slide sequence which I made around 6 years ago, before I knew about templates etc. I would like to do it again and bring it up to date. Is there any way I can do this? I had thought photographing each image on the screen, is ther a better or possible way. Gilbert

Hi Gilbert,

What software did you use to create the sequence? If you used PTE and if you have preserved the files then you can still load the original images assuming they are still available with the latest versions of PTE.

If all you have left are the executable files then the best way is definitely "not" to photograph the images on the screen but rather use any of a number of available screen capture tools to capture the images and save them as files to be used in your new sequence.

Best regards,

Lin

Thank you for your helpful reply. Regrettably all I have is the EXE files so it is not possible to use the slides on their own. I have downloaded on 30 day test a screen capture program but I cannot find a way to open the Pte5 exe file so that I can copy the pictures, I suspect this is because of the audio content of the file. Am I doing the right thing or are my assumptions right. Sorry for the delay but we have been away for a few days holiday. Gilbert

Hi Gilbert,

Just open up the screen capture software and find the capture key - usually something like PRT SCRN, etc., then play the slide show and capture the images one at a time as they play.

Best regards,

Lin

Thank you for your helpful reply. Regrettably all I have is the EXE files so it is not possible to use the slides on their own. I have downloaded on 30 day test a screen capture program but I cannot find a way to open the Pte5 exe file so that I can copy the pictures, I suspect this is because of the audio content of the file. Am I doing the right thing or are my assumptions right. Sorry for the delay but we have been away for a few days holiday. Gilbert

Hi Gilbert, there is a program that lets one click on the frames of a running PTE show, and captures and saves

each in a folder. I think it came from the guy in Thailand. This is a fantastic program, but I suspect the pros, in

this group convinced him to take it down.

Regards, robertg

Gilbert

You can do this with windows. Hit the pause button when an image in your show is on screen. Then hit the Print Scrn button.

Open a blank page in your image editor at least the resolution of the images in your show and then hit Ctrl+V

You will probably see the image appear, which you can now save and use again.

Hi Gilbert, there is a program that lets one click on the frames of a running PTE show, and captures and saves

each in a folder. I think it came from the guy in Thailand. This is a fantastic program, but I suspect the pros, in

this group convinced him to take it down.

Regards, robertg

One of the best is 'Bulent's Screen Recorder'. It runs in the background while your slide show is running in the foreground, and uses a 'trigger' key to grab snapshots of the screen on the fly, usually F12, but you can program other keys if you want. It even imitates the sound of an slr shutter, so you know you have the shot.

An advantage it has over Windows' Prnt Scrn key is that it is unfazed by programs that prohibit capture with Prnt Scrn, and will capture even protected images.

Later versions of the program are modestly priced, but version 1.5 is free, and can be downloaded from:

http://johnbokma.com/softwarerecommendatio...enrecorder.html

Colin