WnSoft Forums

Show the grid in pixels

1colibri

Hello,

We are several PTE user's to face difficulties setting the grid steps in pixels.

pte01.png

For example when you type 15 it shows 200 and so on, the problem seems to be worst for Vista's users.

Would you please tell us if you are aware of that? or what are we doing wrong?

Regards

Jean-Claude

You can set the grid steps in pixels, but because the smallest increment is 10 and the largest is 200 you must highlight one number at a time. For example, to replace the number 45 with 16 you would first highlight the 5 and type 6 then highlight the 4 and type 1.

Lin

Hi Lin,

You have to admit that is neither logical nor consistent with other parameters within PTE where you can, for instance, set a zoom figure by highlighting the percentage box and typing whatever figure you want in?

I use the slider.

While on the subject of the grid, I have noticed that PTE "autosaves" the grid settings. If a PTE project is opened the grid settings changed and the project is then closed without saving PTE remembers the changes made the next time is is opened. It remembers grid on or off and the last setting figure.

If this is normal, then wouldn't it be nice if PTE could remember that my prefered setting for O&A/ Common/ Mode is ORIGINAL and not Fit to slide? (See Jeff's posting elsewhere).

DaveG

Jean-Claude,

It's a logical bug. I can fix it only make necessary to press Enter key after typing of a new value.

Dave,

wouldn't it be nice if PTE could remember that my prefered setting for O&A/ Common/ Mode is ORIGINAL and not Fit to slide
I remember about this suggestion. It should be special window with default settings.

... I can fix it only make necessary to press Enter key after typing of a new value.

I think that this would be the better solution.

Just another remark on the grid adjustment: If "In Pixels" is unchecked the slider only delivers values up to 20, while manually you can choose greater values, as well.

Best regards,

Xaver

Munich

I've fixed it in future v5.6

Xaver,

Just another remark on the grid adjustment: If "In Pixels" is unchecked the slider only delivers values up to 20, while manually you can choose greater values, as well.
That's alright right. Slider for common cases and manually you can type values in more wide range.