WnSoft Forums

The Project Options

Blimey, I am almost sorry I asked the original question, my life could end before we even get close to the end of the thread.

So lets put this another way.

Can anyone explain to me what the Project Options > Messages tab is any good for or how it works?

The answer appears to be NO! :(

Xaver

No, you all seem to be missing my point. I appreciate what Peter is trying to do, but I know all that. I know exactly what the startup option does and how it works. It wasn't that I was referring to anyway. (shown below)

Have a look at the other screen grab, what do the options in the messages tab actually do. I can change them and they seem to remain in place, but say you place a set of values in the startup section in the messages section. What does it do apart from sit in the messages tab.

Nothing, unless I am missing something. It doesn't show in the place I expected it to in my first screen grab.

The project options in my view should be the essential instructions to make our slide shows work. That messages tab does nothing towards that and should be moved to another place or deleted altogether if it serves no purpose. All it does is add more to the project options that confuse newer users of the software.

I refreshed my memory and was going to add a couple screenshots and yes Barry is right -- if you make changes to the comments tab slots, they do not change in the start up screen

as a side point if you use a picture for background you do not see any of the data you may have typed in via main/customize startup window

you just have 3 buttons at the bottom

added the screenshots

ken

post-16-1217447159_thumb.jpg

post-16-1217447208_thumb.jpg

Are you saying that you put that data into the Project Options Messages Tab and it transferred automatically to the the Project Options main tab (customise startup window)

32 posts and I know nothing more than I did at post 1, I think that says rather a lot about the messages tab.

well, well, well. It works with the password query

Example: In the message tab I entered "Verfasser" into the author field (just a translation into German). The word "Verfasser" now replaces the word "Author" in the first line of the Startup Window (left part). The name of the Author (now called: Verfasser) in the "Startup Window", here "Xaver Huber" (my pseudonym) has been entered in the "Customize Startup Window".

Best regards,

Xaver

Munich

Xaver

Well, it doesn't do that for me and I don't think it does it for Ken either, which makes the Messages Tab in need of attention.

I still believe it has no place in the project options, it should be on the top menus tucked away for when we may need it. It would be of value of we could set the options and save them as our own defaults so they appear for every show we make.

Barry,

I think I see what Xaver is saying.

If you alter, for instance, "AUTHOR" in "MESSAGES" to BARRY BECKHAM it will change the Author title in the start up screen to Barry Beckham.

The CONTENT of the box remains untouched - blank until you put something (in "Customise Start up window").

Also I think the changes only occur when the show is previewed.

So if you put Barry Beckham in place of Author in Messages and write "is going to Australia" in the Customise etc Author box it will read (on preview):

Barry Beckham - is going to Australia.

DaveG

I have been looking at the wrong place all along -- have been looking at the blank spaces

glad you cleared it up Dave

When i used to use it i never changed what Xaver is changing -- as i said earlier i used to include version of program or test # etc in the blanks

ya learn sumthin' new every day :)

ken

GaveG

OK got it, but what a daft way of working. What possible use is that if you cannot then use the headings and they only show in a preview. They have to show in the customised startup window of the main tab, or what's the point.

I thank you guys for all your help and wonder how many hours research it all adds up to ??????????????????????

My point again, if something in the software taxes the experts as much as this has, it needs fixing or dumping.

...I wonder if this is the BUG....

Hi Dave,

I do not think that there is a bug. The headlines in the two configuration windows (Messages tab and Customize Startup Window) just indicate the user which fields (for user input) in the two configuration windows correspond. These headlines are taken from the language files, and they change according to the chosen language. I think that it would be much better to have a configuration table (matrix) in a single window.

Best regards,

Xaver

Munich