WnSoft Forums

Problems with 5.5

echelonphoto

I have used pics to exe for years, but am having problems with the newest version. One...sometimes after I create and run a show, I cannot stop it with esc key or mouse buttons..it just keeps running until I do cntl alt delete. Second, the horizontal pictures are being scaled larger than the vert ones and I am losing image clarity on the horiz images. 3rd...I tried using some custom effects on one show, but it really didn't work...now the program seems to set the same effect for each new show I make and I get an error message.

Let's take these one at a time and try to be more specific.

"sometimes" means that you probably are having issue with your operating system or environment (other programs running, etc.). If the problem isn't repeatable, the probability is high that it's not an application software issue (PTE) but an operating system or "environment" issue.

Please be specific about the scaling issue. If you could provide a zipped PTE where this is happening perhaps we could get to the bottom of the problem.

Also, provide a PTE file example to show the "same effect" for each new show and we can have several people look at it and see where the error lies. The probability is that you have not properly set the program in "Project Options" "Effects Tab" to give the desired transitions, assuming you are talking about transitions between images.

If, on the other hand, you mean you have programmed some "animation" such as pan, zoom, rotate, etc., and are getting something different than expected, having the PTE file to analyze will help sort it out.

Best regards,

Lin

I have used pics to exe for years, but am having problems with the newest version. One...sometimes after I create and run a show, I cannot stop it with esc key or mouse buttons..it just keeps running until I do cntl alt delete. Second, the horizontal pictures are being scaled larger than the vert ones and I am losing image clarity on the horiz images. 3rd...I tried using some custom effects on one show, but it really didn't work...now the program seems to set the same effect for each new show I make and I get an error message.

With regard to your image clarity, PTE5 will try to expand your images to match the screen they are being played on. This can present them bigger than you intended and affect quality. You can prevent PTE doing this, but there are are a few if's and but's attached. It is to do with image size and resolution. I have something on my web site at the link below that may explain it better.

http://www.beckhamdigital.co.uk/audiovisua...e%20%20size.htm

With regard your other problems I think we may need some more information. What operating system are you using and was the show that wouldn't end/escape made originally with PTE4?

Not sure why you are stuck with just one transition, why not go into the project options and hit the set defaults button. Then try again.

Your first problem (cannot stop the sequence using Esc) suggests very strongly that you are running under Vista operating system and that your PTE sequence is or was built using PTE v4. This phenomenon is a known problem with PTE V4.48 or earlier running under Vista and is resolved by PTE V4.49.

Your other problems could be caused by you becoming confused as to which version of PTE you have used to create which sequence. PTE V5 does not replace PTE v4: it co-exists with it. So you probably have both versions available on your PC. The association of the *.pte file extension may still be with v4 rather than v5. If you have different Project Options between the two versions and are opening sequences made with one version using the other version then results will have the potential to be, as they say, "unpredictable"!

When you launch PTE take great care to note what version number is mentioned in the PTE window's Title bar.

As both Lin and Barry indicated in their responses: we need better, more precise information.

regards,

PGA

P.S. For Lin:

I think we have the subject of another FAQ here: Why does the Esc key not stop my sequence as it used to? I'll add it to one of the next batches of FAQs that I prepare.

OK, so now we know you use Vista. But we still need more detailed info about the other problems. You state: "The transition problem I am having is with an animation..."

Transition is the Effect that you choose in order to get from one slide to another. Animation is the use of Pan/Zoom/Rotate/Opacity changes applied to objects that sit upon a single image. Please clarify whether or not your problem is with a transition from one slide to the next slide or with the animation of an object on one of your images. In either case please provide precise details of which transition effect or animation effect you are using (i.e. its name and any parameter settings associated with it). Also explain clearly what you see when it works and what you see when it doesn't. Remember, we cannot see your PC - you have to give us all the details so that we can build up a picture in our minds of what it is that you are seeing.

Also please confirm whether or not you have both v5 and an earlier version of PTE installed on your PC. Click the start button, then All Programs and scroll the list. If you have both v4 and v5 you will see two entries for PTE: Pictures to Exe and Pictures to Exe v5.52.

regards,

Peter