WnSoft Forums

Text Objects in 5.6

stevemul

Earlier this year in this forum I saw that 5.6 was to include a solution to the font transfer problem :-

"In 5.6 we plan to automatically store text objects as vector images (unlimited quality for any display resolution) and a problem with absent unique fonts will go away forever."

Is this in 5.6 ?

Best regards,

Steve.

Hi Igor,

Reworked text objects are not ready for v5.6 yet. Sorry. Please wait for the next version (5.7).

As temporal solution you can use "Rasterize to PNG image" option in text object.

Thanks for your reply. I do hope you can include this in the next version, 5.7. I use quite a lot of text and run slideshows on various different PCs over which I have no control. After a couple of embarrassing moments with replacement fonts looking terrible and not fitting the screen I found the "Rasterize to PNG image" option and now use it. However the new feature would increase my productivity considerably. It would also ensure I don't forget to Rasterize any text objects. :o

Thanks for such a great product.

Igor,

I hope that in 5.7 the opportunity will be taken to "tidy up" the entry of text objects, a subject I have posted on in the past.

I too use quite a bit of text and find it most irritating that not all the text inputs are located together but in different locations within O&A.

As stated before I would like to see the text label being automatically taken from the text ientered (with the ability to over-ride when necessary).

I would also like the ability for fonts to be specifically sized as in Photoshop.

Another irritation at the moment is having to search through a long list of fonts, which could be radically reduced if the most recently used fonts were to appear at the top of the list and if the last font selected were automatically selected, again as in PS or any WP system.

Ever hopeful,

John