WnSoft Forums

First slide show

Roger Beck

I just purchased the program and was trying to create my first slide show. I must be really stupid or the instructions are wrong. I created the slide show (.pte). The Help file, which does not match the programs interface, says to view the program to simply open it with Preview. Well, the Preview button is not highlighted. I checked the box marked .EXE when I created the program but the file I created is a .PTE file. How does that work? What am I doing wrong? The PTE file does not show up in the dialog box, therefore I cann select or open it. When I created the program there was no task bar that showed the progress of the file being created, I used about 1000 files at 1mb each. It looks like PTE is not using the images to create anything. They are jpg's. When i doubleclick on the .pte file it just opens the program, and not the slide show.

Roger

Welcome Roger to the forum. Your success will soon equal your enthusiasm and will far outrun your current frustration.

When you have your slides and sound arranged, then it is best to use the "Save As" and then the "Create As" buttons. You can use the preview button before using either of the above. The "save as" saves the project you are working on. When you click on the saved file, it opens the project. When you use the "Create as", that creates the .EXE file. It is this .EXE file that you will run to actually play or view the show itself. Once your work is done, only the .exe file is needed by anyone to enjoy your finished product.

Hope that helps.

quote:

"Your success will soon equal your enthusiasm and will far outrun your current frustration"

I too am sure of this, Roger. Lumenlux's words seem very clear to me. Your error is all in this expression: "I created the slide show (.pte)". You saved the project, not created the slideshow.

Hi, Roger,

Welcome to the Forum!

This is one area that had me confused too the first time I went to save a PTE file. Igor has promised to look into it, and possibly change this procedure make it more intuitive. At least when you go to "save as", you should see a file name, not the project name, listed as the default. :rolleyes: