WnSoft Forums

Ipod Slide Show

Barry Beckham

Hello Guys

We are just becoming a little more settled in Australia after our move from the UK and although we don't have any of our PC's yet. (still on a ship on the way) I do have a laptop.

I have just tried the new PTE5.6 a bit late, but for understrandable reasons and it is looking rather good as usual.

However, I cannot get a slide show on my Ipod and would welcome some advice. I can create the video from PTE5 and it makes an MPEG-4 movie. I can play that movie on the PC and I can also add the file to the Ipod Library. It appears in the library and will play in the library.

However, when I connect my Ipod up to the PC to sync it, it goes through the sync motions, but the video is nowhere to be found once the process has completed.

Because I have been out of the loop, forgive me if I am jumping the gun and that part of the software has not been hooked up yet. If it has, what do I need to do to get the show on my Ipod

Any help would be appreciated

It was a setting in my Ipod that I never noticed before. We only bought the Ipods for entertainment on our trip to Australia so we are not very experienced with them and I havn't had the time to spend as I ussually do finding out all the various aspects of an Ipod.

Anyway I have it now and the little PTE5 test I made is now working.

As is usual it is a simple setting, but one that can be overlooked untill you become experienced with an Ipod.

The idea works very well, despite the image size and I can see whay Igor included this as an option in PTE 5.6

I also notice that the animation also appears to work much sweeter, not the physical movement, but the ease of how the animation can be contained within any size or format you make your images.

That is going to make is so much easier for newcomers to PTE

Well done Igor

After my Ipod issues I thought I would try out the Utube option and I chose to keep a video after uploading.

My Utube username and password are correct, because I can get onto Utube no problem, but when I click the next button on the publish to Utube window from PTE5.6 I get the attached error.

Has anyone else had this error at all?

After my Ipod issues

Barry, I know you are glad the move is behind you! Hope you will enjoy Australia. I realize you got the Ipod issue solved. I also had to try it for myself back with beta 10. I copied several of my shows very smoothly to my Nano. They worked perfectly. Now, there's even more fun with PTE !

Regards,

Bill

I can't wait for our desktop PC's to catch up with us in early January. Unfortunately most of our belongings have to travel by ship and it can take 4 weeks before they even leave the UK.

They are now on their way, but I doubt they will clear customs in Australia much before the 10th January. In the meantime we are getting our workstations organaised and ready.

I can't wait to get back to some real productive work. I just cannot get on with laptops. They don't inspire me to get creative

With some pleasure I must add my own recent experience to this thread. Stimulated by Barry's post I have just converted a sldeshow of mine to an MP4 file and converted/ loaded this to my Zen MP3 player and it plays perfectly- transitions, music, all just as on the PC. I'm really chuffed and more than impressed. Many thanks to the Wnsoft team. Regards Peter Newman

Re You Tube upload - I also get a similar error message when trying to use the PTE uploader. I've had some dialogue with Igor over what causes it, and in my case I think its because when I originally set up my You Tube account I did it from within my Google account. You Tube only recognises my log-in details if I am already logged into Google. The PTE uploader only allows the standard You Tube log-in, so this is what may be causing the problem.

Ian

After my Ipod issues I thought I would try out the Utube option and I chose to keep a video after uploading.

My Utube username and password are correct, because I can get onto Utube no problem, but when I click the next button on the publish to Utube window from PTE5.6 I get the attached error.

Has anyone else had this error at all?

Hi Barry,

Yes, I'm experiencing the same problem, I've checked and re-checked my Password etc. but no joy yet. :blink:

Bob

Guys, someone told me yesterday that YouTube has made some major changes and you have to go in and redo your id and password in order to upload shows. Perhaps that needs to be done. Sorry, I don't do the YouTube thing so that's all I can contribute to that. Good luck!

Larry

I sort of guessed that as I created my original Utube account from the UK and was currently accessing it from Australia, that may have caused the issue.

So I created a new account, but sadly the same error message appears. A Utube video can be created andf uploaded by creating a Vimeo upload and then using the option to create a stand along video and uploading that to Utube, but I would rather do it through the PTE5 software.

It does seem that a lot of us are suffering the same problem with uploading to UTUBE direct from PTE.

I am watching this thread every day hoping that somebody will soon find the solution.

Well done Barry, for raising this issue.

Ron

There is little worse in modern software than a new option that doesn't work. I know I will get lots of questions about this, so I would like to be able to offer some answers to those who have bought PTE from me.

I also need an answer myself, but there doesn't seem to be one at the present time.

I am sure it is just a matter of time and a small issue when compared to the rest of the software.

Barry,

Surely you will not be approached regarding something which is not working in a BETA?

I would have thought that the version you would be selling would be the last full working version - 5.52?

The decision then lies with the customer whether or not to download/upgrade to Beta versions.

DaveG

DaveG

Surely you will not be approached regarding something which is not working in a BETA?

No, of course not the beta, I am just trying to catch up and be prepared for when 5.6 is launched thats all. I came a little late to the party this time because of my move to Australia, so naturally I have not been able to keep up with all the chat on the forum.

As far as I know that Utube part of the beta version may not yet be fully working, but if not then I expected someone to say. No-one has so I can only assume there are some issues there, which may have nothing to do with PTE at all.

Just trying to get up to date, but perhaps you would be surrpised what problems people can have with what we feel is a simple issue. Remember, no matter what your knowledge or skill level, you can be a complete idiot in the eyes of one man, while being an expert in the eye of another. This is something many forget when giving advice, as they assume a certain knowledge that is not there.