WnSoft Forums

New Slide shows

I have added a new slide show to my web site that is a bit more up beat and based on the ZZ top song Viva Las Vegas.

It is a bit on the large size tho (16 meg) as the images change fairly quickly and there are a lot of them.

I have another nice slide show based on the lake district of England, but although it has always run perfectly in the past, the sound appears intermitant now when I tried it over the weekend. I was about to put it up on my site, but not if it is not running right. I am not sure if it is just a querk of this PC, but I doubt it as it runs the other slide shows OK.

Perhaps I will post it anyway and you can tell me if it runs OK for you.

bbdigital

http://www.barrybeckham.co.uk/tutorials/tu..._av/explain.htm

Very nice show, Barry! (edit: Las Vegas, that is) Great photography, too. You must have been busy - any time left to play the slots? :)

The show played perfectly on my system (400-MHz Celeron, Win 2000).

Barry,

I just watched your "lakes" show, and, like Michel, noticed 2 or 3 gaps in the music - however, the images played perfectly for me.

The only time I have experienced this glitch in the music only was when the music editing process had left actual silent gaps in my music. It might be worthwhile checking your music in your music editor and looking for silent spots. Otherwise, very beautiful show, and again, great photography! :)

Hi, Barry,

I watched the lakes show again, this time on a faster pc, and the music was fine, and no glitches with the images - must have been due to my slow system the first time. Sorry to scare you like this! :)

That's strange! I just downloaded it to my XP-based laptop (700 MHz), and it plays fine there too.

Did you discontinue all other programs, such as browsers, email, Photoshop, etc, first, Michel? Might be an idea to download it again, too, in case something got mixed-up the first time.

Very interesting shows, Barry - like others by you, by the way!

Both Lake and Las Vegas run smoothly on my new Athlon system (2200+ @ 1800 MHz, 512 Ram, video card Riva TNT2 64, Sis integrated sound card). No jerk, no glitch.

the sound appears intermitant now when I tried it over the weekend

Please, what is your PC ? and your MHZ ? P4 ?

I find always the same problem in only this slide show with my computer. (All your others shows run perfectly).

Especially at the beginning of the sound track... as if there were a bad sound track.

(Pentium IV-2.4 GHZ, 512 RAM, GEforce 4200 TI Video 128 Ram, SoundCard Live 1024, Windows XP)

(no specific software running in background).

Yes, the lakes is a mystery as it has been made for a couple of years and has worked perfectly since then. I have used it in my demos and lectures and it was only on a run through prior to putting it up on my site that I noticed the problem.

It played perfectly on my PC this morning, but yesterday it wouldn't.

I doubt I will go back and remake it, there are too many new projects to do.

I have just put another slide show up on my site, hope my band width can take all this. http://www.barrybeckham.co.uk/tutorials/tu..._av/explain.htm

bbdigital

:)

Barry

The Lakes ran perfectly on my equipment Pentium 4; 1.4Ghz; 640 Mb RAM; 20+40 GB HD;32 Mb GeForce2 MX Graphics; Windows XP. However this was not so with The Lakes on your Digital AV Tutorial CD when there were some flickers between fades - probably due to an older version of P2E.

I am sorry to say that there are flickers on most of the fades in Eye except the cloud scene at the end. Also you forgot to check the option Advanced>Hide mouse during show.

Ron [uK]