WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.6 Beta 20

Igor

PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.6 Beta 20

It is Release Candidate.

Download link:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr-deluxe_beta.zip (6 MB)

What new in Beta 19:

+ Updated support of German language.

+ Minor improvents in bottom buttons of the main window.

* Fixed bug of previous beta with slow work of Objects and animation editor on some Intel video cards.

* Fixed an old visual bug with Next/Previous Slide arrow button in Objects and Animation editor under Windows Vista.

What new in Beta 20:

+ Updated language files.

* Fixed bug with typing of text comment to a slide in special text window (slide in preview didn't update).

What new in version 5.6:

+ Added export of slideshow as a video. (See Main menu -> Create)

- Export of HD video for playback on PC, Mac.

- Export of video for iPhone/iPod.

- Publish online on Youtube.

- Publish online on Vimeo with HD quality.

+ New 3D transition effects between slides:

- Added "Flip 3D" effect.

- Added "Swap 3D" effect.

- Reworked "Curling of page 3D" effect. Set large radius parameter to get completely new effects.

+ Improvements in Objects and Animation window:

- Mask objects for creating of special effects. You can apply several Masks to one image object.

- Music and sounds when you click "Play" button for preview.

- Added "Anti-shimmering (mipmapping)" option for Image and Text objects. This option prevents appearing of shimmering when object has zoom from small size to large size.

- Improved view of "Action on mouse click" list.

- Added new action "Run slideshow".

- Added "Pause" button.

! "Original size" mode of objects has been replaced. Now use "Fixed size of slide (in pixels)" mode in Project options | Screen tab. And "Size/position in pixels" button in Common tab of object properties.

+ Added "Virtual size of slide" parameters as alternate way to set aspect ratio of slide (Project options | Screen tab). It helps in work with "Size/Position" tool window in "Object and animation" editor.

+ Added new commands "Run Slideshow" and "Run Slideshow with Return" to Project options | "More" tab and as an action for objects. This option highly recommended if you want to start another slideshow from current one and for building of menu. It will guarantee flawless start of next slideshow from current one. In fact a series of slideshows will work as one large slideshow that provides optimal memory usage.

+ Added "Color outside slide area" option (Project options | Screen tab). By default if you run widescreen slideshow (16:9) on 4:3 display you see black strips around the slide. Now you can choose this color.

+ Added menu on Create button.

+ Faster rewinding of slides in created EXE file and preview.

+ Added "Crypt images/music against extracting from EXE file" option. See Main menu | View | Advanced options. (Enabled by default).

+ Improved installer of PicturesToExe, multi-lingual interface.

+ Fully rewritten shadow for objects. Now it has correct view for a long text object. And better visual quality.

+ Changed caption of "Change Image File" button in the main window.

+ Added a new command line for a slideshow in windowed mode: -desktopalign (for example: "Show1.exe -desktopalign"). With this parameter if size of a window larger than main display it will not be reduced to fit the main display. This command useful if you wish to place a window on all space of two or more displays.

+ Improved view of keypoints on the timeline in the main window.

+ Improved scrolling of the timeline when you move blue triangle cursor outside visible area.

+ After switching between Slides list and Timeline modes the program adjusts scrollbar position to make visible selected slide.

+ Various improvements.

! "Run application" options has moved to the last page of Project options (More tab).

! "Disable F1 key to show help window" has moved to "Customize help window" dialog (Main menu | Project).

* Fixed old bug (since v5.5) when after renaming of a main image in Slide list or File panel MiniPlayer didn't display renamed image.

* Fixed old bug (since v5.1) when changing of display resolution, locking of PC or Sleep mode applied during encoding of video caused visual defects in created video file.

* Fixed old bug (since v5.5) when all color text objects (excluding black and white) had slight almost invisible greenish contour.

* Fixed old bug of all previous versions: pressing Ctrl+O (Open project), "Ctrl+N", "Ctrl+S" and other key shortcuts whilst PicturesToExe creates large EXE file it caused incorrect work of the program.

* Fixed old bug (since v5.5) when "Image Load Error" might occur in Slide list, MiniPlayer and Objects and animation editor on projects with hundreds slides of large images (about 8 megapixels each one).

* Fixed old bug (since v5.0) Push effect had mixed up "Bottom-Top" and "Top-Bottom" variations with disabled hardware acceleration option.

* Fixed old bug (since v5.0) with an incorrect work of "Save image/slide" dialog in slideshows (if it was configured through "Print image" option).

* Fixed old bug (since v5.5) with sticking of picture in MiniPlayer after closing Objects and Animation editor on some NVIDIA video cards (the most likely the problem in those video cards).

Thanks Igor, for all your hard and consistant work on this product. I have not been able to do much experimentation on this Beta series, but looking forward to getting back to checking it out soon.

Howard

I'm having some odd trouble with comments in this beta. I can type them in, but if I try to paste (Ctrl+V) in the comment box, there's nothing there. If I call the text box up I can paste into it, but then the comment does not appear on the slide in the timeline view, but it does appear on the slide in preview and in the Objects and Animation view. You can also see part of the text in the comments box at the top of the screen.

I was not having this problem for a long time, but then I experimented with inserting a text template, in my case the file name, and that's when this behavior started. Closing the program and restarting does not help, and neither does rebooting the computer.

Chuck B

Hi Igor - Beta 20 solved the display problem, as you said, but I still have the Ctrl+V problem. I can paste text into the Text Box that opens when you click the button next to the Comments field, and when I close the Text Box the text appears on the slide and in the Comments field, but I still cannot paste text directly into the Comments field. (Remember that for a while I did *not* have this problem; now it won't go away.) Small matter, practically speaking, but there you are.

I am having an interesting problem with text in Lightroom 2.1 that nobody else seems to have, so it's possible I have a virus or other malware running loose. I'll fumigate the computer and see.

Thanks for fixing the display bug.

Igor, I upgraded to LR 2.2, and now I am able to copy from LR and paste (Ctrl+V) directly into the comments box. I have no idea whether the upgrade is responsible - in the beginning I was able to do this with LR 2.1. In a world where 25% of the time you can solve this kind of problem by rebooting, who really knows why it didn't work then and why it works now? I'll try to make better notes if it happens again.

Igor

Installing 5.6 beta 20 does not seem to be updating the NavBar Folder from 5.5

In the past I have created my own navigation bar and works fine in 5.52. - folder NavBar/ Hawk.pt

When installing beta 20 and accepting - Choose Previous Version of Pictures to Exe to Import Settings ( 5.5 )

I would have thought it would have included my self created navigation bar folder but it does not..

It Installs the default only - Air style & Sky style.

Should it include all folders in 5.5 NavBar folder ?.

Due to the fact it is a self created folder and not generated by PTE is this not possible to include.

Work around

I can see the folder structure is different with 5.5 & 5.6 and get it to work by copy / paste my folder into new path.

The importing of Templates works OK.

Igor, I'm having an intermittent problem with this beta. At some point, while working back and forth between the Animation and main view windows, I am unable to open the Animation window. All other functions (that I have tried) seem OK at that point, but the only way to get back to animation is to close and reopen PTE.

I'm not using tons of animation. Typically there are 3-5 images, all quite small, with soundtrack, and most of my activity is adding and adjusting keyframes. I can save my work and reopen, so no harm done. If there is a scientific way I can observe this problem and relay it to you, please tell me how.

Happy New Year's Holidays to You ; Igor

When I 'm working with p2e on project1 , I don't know Does it be a bug or no but this is my problem because of It 's cause to decrease speed of working with p2e clearly.Also The speed of computer is very slow when I only work with pte on project1 for more than ten minutes , I think it 's for checking item of "View Menu -> AdvancedOptions -> AutoSaveProject..." but when i check it ,

I see it was off ! , Can this problem be a bug for p2e ? :(

All the Best

post-6430-1231345298_thumb.jpg

post-6430-1231345355_thumb.jpg

Ralph,

Installing 5.6 beta 20 does not seem to be updating the NavBar Folder from 5.5

Yes, that's right. Although it possible create own style for Navigation bar, it's an unofficial feature for experienced users. PicturesToExe doesn't include a special tool for creating, editing and managing of user created styles for Navigation bar. Because of this now PicturesToExe doesn't import modified Navigation bar from previous version and store own copy of Navigation bar styles in own folder. Earlier there was a common folder with Navigation bar styles for all versions and it might cause problem due to possible future changes in next versions. But you can copy your style manually to new version. Present location of this folder:

C:\Program Files\WnSoft PicturesToExe\5.6 Beta 20\All\NavBar

Argonaut,

Igor, I'm having an intermittent problem with this beta. At some point, while working back and forth between the Animation and main view windows, I am unable to open the Animation window. All other functions (that I have tried) seem OK at that point, but the only way to get back to animation is to close and reopen PTE

- What you observed when you tried click "Objects and animation" button? Nothing happened?

- Is it possible try repeat this problem?

- Did it happen in previous version 5.5 or ealier?

AbdolReza,

When I 'm working with p2e on project1 , I don't know Does it be a bug or no but this is my problem because of It 's cause to decrease speed of working with p2e clearly.Also The speed of computer is very slow when I only work with pte on project1 for more than ten minutes , I think it 's for checking item of "View Menu -> AdvancedOptions -> AutoSaveProject..." but when i check it ,

I see it was off ! , Can this problem be a bug for p2e ?

1. Please publish your computer configuration (CPU, system memory size, exact name of video card).

2. Does your PC work slowely with any projects or only particular (with Masks)?

3. Did you test previous version 5.5 for same problem?

Please also make shorter the text in your signature. It's difficult to read posts in topic. Even the finest text can lose its internal force after many repetitions.

Dear Igor

1. Please publish your computer configuration (CPU, system memory size, exact name of video card) : I sent it .

2. Does your PC work slowely with any projects or only particular (with Masks)? No only with pte with mask

3. Did you test previous version 5.5 for same problem? Not yet . Is it necessary ?

post-6430-1231798838_thumb.jpg

Argonaut,

- What you observed when you tried click "Objects and animation" button? Nothing happened?

- Is it possible try repeat this problem?

- Did it happen in previous version 5.5 or ealier?

Sorry for the slow reply - been busy. What did happen, but has not happened in the last two days, was when clicking the O&A button nothing happened. As though the button had no function. Now what's happening is that when I'm in the O&A screen and click on the "Size/position in pixels" button, I get an empty small window where the window should have size and position numbers. I can fix this by closing and re-opening the O&A screen. One possibly helpful clue - the problem never happens on the first image. It [nearly] always happens on the second image I work on without closing the O&A window in the meantime.

I can't say if this happened in any previous version. Until now I have been making fairly simple and short shows. With ver 5.6 and its linking to executables, I have gone wild with a very complicated show in 18 executable parts (!). Doing it this way was the only way I could keep everything straight, so many many thanks for that. My current problem is easily worked around.

My hardware is Pentium IV with 1.5GB memory, 2.4mhz speed, and a Wacom tablet mouse, Samsung Syncmaster 931b, running XP Pro.

Argonaut,

Thanks for details.

I'm afraid I still can't reproduce this situation. If it will occur again, please try record a sequence of steps to call the problem at any time and send me together with test project.

I am attaching (uploading? I have never done this before) a zip file (TEST.ZIP) with two jpgs, the test.pte, and a readme with the keystrokes listed.

TIA - Argo

Test.zip

OK, Xaver, I think I see what I'm doing. If I add a new keyframe to the original image, adjust opacity, and then add a second image to the slide, the second image's keyframe is not highlighted. Therefore, no positioning or sizing data. There may be other ways to "fool" the keyframe selector, but that's how I did it. If I take the extra step of highlighting its keyframe, then I get the data.

If I simply create a new slide and don't mess with its timeline, and then add an image to it, the keyframe for the new image is highlighted.

Weird. Thanks for pointing me to the answer. Time for a beer!

- Argo