WnSoft Forums

Screen Flicker

tc_leeds

Hi Tony,

Are you running the sequence from a menu sequence, or straight out of a folder, or off the Windows desktop?

regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

I am runnung from a menu. However, I have now discovered the same thing happens from the desktop. Essentially there is a little blip when the screen goes to black and back to the menu screen or desktop whichever I am running from. In PTE for the menu removing graphic acceleration seems to improve it slightly.

This is something new it doesn't happen on the main computer only on the laptop.

I have used this method before without the problem so I'm not sure what is causing the problem.

By the way in 5.6 the fist seems to have dissappeared for running files from text in a menu sequence. Have you noticed this?

All the best

Tony

Tony,

Are you using Run application... or Run Slideshow... to trigger the sequence off the menu? If the former, try the latter (but be aware that both the menu and the called sequence have to be "Created" using v5.6 (that's "Created", not "assembled")

regards,

Peter

Tony,

Are you using Run application... or Run Slideshow... to trigger the sequence off the menu? If the former, try the latter (but be aware that both the menu and the called sequence have to be "Created" using v5.6 (that's "Created", not "assembled")

regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

I have produced the menu in 5.6 and that does not flicker when started. However as the sequences are from differen tauthors and different versions of PTE, I have no way of creating each sequences in 5.6. I actually tried theRun Slideshow and got the "must be created in 5.6" message. I am still bewildered though why this only occurs on the laptop computer and not the desktop. Also the disappearing fist seems to be a bit of a loss in 5.6. Perhaps this might be fixed in a later version.

Thanks for your help.

Tony

Hi Tony,

I don't understand what you mean by the "fist". You can still launch a sequence from a Text object in v5.6. Just add the object as usual and then go into the Common tab and set the "Action on mouse click" as you would for a button. That's how I would have done it in previous versions: to me v5.6 is no different.

Re the flicker; it sounds as though you are seeing what I have always believed was an issue with running under Vista. But you say you are using XP.

Don't forget that your anti-virus software is probably kicking in each time you launch a sequence's exe file.

regards,

Peter

Hi Tony,

I don't understand what you mean by the "fist". You can still launch a sequence from a Text object in v5.6. Just add the object as usual and then go into the Common tab and set the "Action on mouse click" as you would for a button. That's how I would have done it in previous versions: to me v5.6 is no different.

Re the flicker; it sounds as though you are seeing what I have always believed was an issue with running under Vista. But you say you are using XP.

Don't forget that your anti-virus software is probably kicking in each time you launch a sequence's exe file.

regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Re the fist. In 5.5 and before if youset up an action such as launch an application when you moved the mouse cursor over it a fist with the pointing finger appeared to let you know there was an action associated with it. In 5.6 the fist does not appear therefore unless you are aware of such an action you would not be able to find it. All you have is the normal arrow cursor.

I guess the antivirus is the next thing to check, I hadn't thought of that one. And yes I am running Xp not Vista.

All the best

Tony

Tony,

If you are observing flickering of the screen with high frequency even when you call stand-alone EXE file of a slideshow it might be caused by problem somehow related with video system. Please try to update drivers for your video card.

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the reply. I now think the problem may be to do with the video drivers as I get the same effect starting the sequences from within a folder. It is not a high frequency flicker just a single momentary black screen and then back to the folder sceen and then the sequence begins. It is probably only a fraction of a second but is definitely visible. The problem only occurs on my laptop and not on the desktop computer.

Many thanks

Tony

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the reply. I now think the problem may be to do with the video drivers as I get the same effect starting the sequences from within a folder. It is not a high frequency flicker just a single momentary black screen and then back to the folder sceen and then the sequence begins. It is probably only a fraction of a second but is definitely visible. The problem only occurs on my laptop and not on the desktop computer.

Many thanks

Tony

I experienced this problem while trying out a particular ATI graphics card I was testing on my desktop pc. With a different new card (Nvidea), the symptom was gone. An earlier ATI card that came with the pc, had not ever shown such a problem.

I experienced this problem while trying out a particular ATI graphics card I was testing on my desktop pc. With a different new card (Nvidea), the symptom was gone. An earlier ATI card that came with the pc, had not ever shown such a problem.

Hi Igor/LumenLux,

Thank you for your replies. I will see if the problem can be resolved with updated drivers.

All the best

Tony