WnSoft Forums

More Help

wolfhound

See my previous post.

I eventually managed to get PTE up and working, and I built a couple of shows to prove it.

I hadnt yet installed the licence code as it seemed to be working ok without it. After the initial blue screens, I had decided to leave well alone.

One of my shows was some wedding pics for a friend and I thought he might like it on a DVD to show his friends and reatives.

To make a DVD I was required to input the licence code. I followed all the directions to the letter.

All I got was the Blue screen of death again.

Thought I should uninstall and reinstall but uninstall dosent work, PTE is not even listed in Control Panel/Add & Remove Programs, so that was no good either. (It seems to suggest that the porgram has not loaded properly.)

I have manually deleted the program and tried reinstalling again, but still to no avail.

I am tearing my hair out here. I just cannot get it to install at all.

I run setup and everything seems to go ok then 1 second after the install dialogue box shuts down up comes blue screen.

That closes down so fast its impossible to make a note what it says.

I have had so many blue screens I am worried that my pc will go unstable and I cant afford to lose all my stuff of it.

Can anybody please help me!

Ivor

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Yachtsman1

There are two separate licence keys, one for PTE & one for PTE Deluxe which has the video builder facility. They usually arraive in separate emails, so assuming you bought the deluxe version you would have been sent 2 keys. Search your emails using wnsoft as the keyword.

Yachtsman1

There are two separate licence keys, one for PTE & one for PTE Deluxe which has the video builder facility. They usually arraive in separate emails, so assuming you bought the deluxe version you would have been sent 2 keys. Search your emails using wnsoft as the keyword.

Yachtsman1

Yes I have the two keys but I cant get PTE to boot yo install them.

Whenever I try to boot pte I immediately get the Blue Screen and emegency shut down.

I'm tearing my hair out trying to think of what to do next?

Ivor

Guest Yachtsman1
Yes I have the two keys but I cant get PTE to boot yo install them.

Whenever I try to boot pte I immediately get the Blue Screen and emegency shut down.

I'm tearing my hair out trying to think of what to do next?

Ivor

You need to have both keys inside the wnsoft folder which should be in your programmes file, when Pte asks for the key point it to the wnsoft folder in your programmes folder.

Yachtsman1

You need to have both keys inside the wnsoft folder which should be in your programmes file, when Pte asks for the key point it to the wnsoft folder in your programmes folder.

Yachtsman1

Do you mean before you try to install the program?

The problem I have is in trying to install the program, it just does not seem to install correctly and crashes before it finalises.

When the computer reboots although the files appear to be in the program file, no short cuts have been installed. I try to boot pte from the .exe file in the main file. Then it all go's wrong and the blue screen comes up and the computer has to reboot.

Ivor

You need to have both keys inside the wnsoft folder which should be in your programmes file...

Registration leads to entries in the registry, and it does not matter where the text files with the keys are located.

Regarding the installation problem, I would recommend to make a support request at wnsoft.com.

Regards,

Xaver

Munich

Ivor,

It sounds to me as though you already have some serious instability on your PC. If I was experiencing these kind of problems I would proceed along the following lines:

- cease all other work on the PC

- make sure my firewall software was up to date

- make sure my anti-virus software was up to date

- make sure my anti-malware software was up to date

- make sure my registry clean software was up to date

- physically disconnect from the Internet

- run a full anti-virus scan

- run a full anti-malware scan

- run a full registry clean

- uninstall/delete (as best I can) the previous version of PTE

- re-connect to the Internet

- download a fresh copy of PTE from www.wnsoft.com

- install the new copy of PTE

...and then take it from where-ever that leaves you.

The suggestion of raising a support "ticket" is a good one and worth doing. It is possible that WnSoft support have seen this or similar problems before. Contact them via the www.wnsoft.com website.

regards,

Peter

Ivor,

It sounds to me as though you already have some serious instability on your PC. If I was experiencing these kind of problems I would proceed along the following lines:

- cease all other work on the PC

- make sure my firewall software was up to date

- make sure my anti-virus software was up to date

- make sure my anti-malware software was up to date

- make sure my registry clean software was up to date

- physically disconnect from the Internet

- run a full anti-virus scan

- run a full anti-malware scan

- run a full registry clean

- uninstall/delete (as best I can) the previous version of PTE

- re-connect to the Internet

- download a fresh copy of PTE from www.wnsoft.com

- install the new copy of PTE

...and then take it from where-ever that leaves you.

The suggestion of raising a support "ticket" is a good one and worth doing. It is possible that WnSoft support have seen this or similar problems before. Contact them via the www.wnsoft.com website.

regards,

Peter

Thanks Peter, xahu34,

I guess I might have to go that route.

I have tried deleteing everything I can find but still no avail.

The system generally is stable and I dont usually have problems with my pc and I run some pretty heavy photoshop programs.

My virus checkers and malaware is run and updated daily and I am fairly confident that it is all ok. This machine is only used for my photography work. Its only connected to the internet to keep the programs up to date.

E-mails and other Internet work is done on the pc I am using to send this now.

How can I download a fresh copy of pte without going through all the registration and such like that I had to before?

If I can get a fresh copy I think I will try one more attempt at installation, by disconnecting the internet and switching off my virus checkers etc. Just to make sure that they are not causing a problem.

Ivor

Thanks Peter, xahu34,

How can I download a fresh copy of pte without going through all the registration and such like that I had to before?

Ivor

Ivor:

Just download a copy of PTE from the wnsoft website, and install it as before (only hopefully this time all will work OK for you)

You only go through the registration when buying it.

Ivor:

Just download a copy of PTE from the wnsoft website, and install it as before (only hopefully this time all will work OK for you)

You only go through the registration when buying it.

Ok done all that and it still crashes on me.

Put in a request to Wnsoft now and I guess I'll have to wait and see if there are any solutions/suggestions forthcoming.

Thanks for your suggestions but I just cant understand why it did work for a while.

Ivor

WHEN YOU DO THE INSTALL

do you have all anti virus, zone alarm etc shut off

irfanview is about the same size as pte deluxe try installing it cw the plugins

did you try a system restore to when it was working

ken

I tried it with everything shut off.

I did consider trying it in safe mode but have not done so.

When it did work, I didnt have a need to run system restore.

I have just downloaded Irfanview and installed it, it seems to be working ok.

I just opened some very large 16bit Tiff files no problem.

I did not disable anything either.

Ivor

I tried it with everything shut off.

I did consider trying it in safe mode but have not done so.

When it did work, I didnt have a need to run system restore.

I have just downloaded Irfanview and installed it, it seems to be working ok.

I just opened some very large 16bit Tiff files no problem.

I did not disable anything either.

Ivor

Further to my last post I have all the plugins and they seem to be working OK as and I can read my Nikon RAW files directly from the source files.

I am now even more confused.

Ivor

ivor digicam,

Step by step we may be able help to sort your issue ... hopefully

Since Pte requires your Direct X files to be in order to function properly ... have you checked them thru the Direct X Diagnostic Tool to make sure no problems are found among the various tabs.

To do this just go to your Start menu and click RUN ... type in Dxdiag and press OK. Wait for it to complete process and browse thru the tabs for any possible errors it may indicate.

Also to test your Direct X and see if Blue Screen appears ... download the v5.6 pte slide shows (made by Wnsoft) and run the 2 slideshows on your Vista. At least we will see if you can even run Pte exe slideshows without errors.

Download from post here:

Windows Vista Home Premium - WnSoft Forums

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=62069

Its someplace to start.

ivor digicam,

Step by step we may be able help to sort your issue ... hopefully

Since Pte requires your Direct X files to be in order to function properly ... have you checked them thru the Direct X Diagnostic Tool to make sure no problems are found among the various tabs.

To do this just go to your Start menu and click RUN ... type in Dxdiag and press OK. Wait for it to complete process and browse thru the tabs for any possible errors it may indicate.

Also to test your Direct X and see if Blue Screen appears ... download the v5.6 pte slide shows (made by Wnsoft) and run the 2 slideshows on your Vista. At least we will see if you can even run Pte exe slideshows without errors.

Download from post here:

Windows Vista Home Premium - WnSoft Forums

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=62069

Its someplace to start.

Thanks Nobeefstu

I've done all that.

Direct X 10 no problems and no blue screen.

Downloaded both shows and run them.

Had a scare when they both ended suddenly, but tried them on second pc and they end in the same place.

Zooms and pans were very smooth colours and sound ok the garden on was louder than pte show.

This is really confusing isnt it.

I got the first problem when I tried to install pte for the first time, I was sitting back feeling quite pleased with my self then Bang my pc shut down. I have subsequently downloaded two seperate versions and still no joy.

Ivor

Ivor,

Oh well ... onto the next step.

Every time Windows crashes its suppose to by default create a dump file containing the crash data.

This MINIDUMP file is created in the C:\winnt\Minidump or C:\windows\Minidump directory.

See if you can find this file ... as you may want to send it to Wnsoft Support when you report your installation issue.

* Just as a thought ... have you tried installing the Pte v4.9 as a test. It is the older final version, but many users including myself, still use it today in combination with the newer version. I believe its still available at the WnSoft site.

http://www.wnsoft.com/more_news.htm

April 24, 2006 Small update: PicturesToExe v4.48

i cant say whether this is the vista patched version but i cant find the 4.49 download which is the vista version

maybe somebody else can - i directed somebody to it the other day

the original posting

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=48272

PicturesToExe 4.49

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/pte449.zip (1.4 MB)

We decided update old version 4.xx of PicturesToExe because it contained unplesant bug. Slideshows with music/sounds can't exit by Esc key or at end of a show under Windows Vista on dual-core CPU based PCs.

Also we prepared special utility which patches EXE file of slideshows created with old versions from 4.40 to 4.48 and it updates slideshow's engine to version 4.49 and solves this bug:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/pte449patch.zip (400 KB)

This utility automatically recognizes EXE files and will not modify already patched EXE files or more new 5.00 slideshow where there is no problem.

We apologize for this problem.

ken

Ken:

I can't find 4.49 either anymore, but I am sending you a private e-mail with the zip attached.

Ivor send me a message via the forum with your e-mail in it and I will send it to you as well.

4.49 should be left on the wnsoft website as more people than many think still use it !

Ken:

I can't find 4.49 either anymore, but I am sending you a private e-mail with the zip attached.

Ivor send me a message via the forum with your e-mail in it and I will send it to you as well.

4.49 should be left on the wnsoft website as more people than many think still use it !

Thanks JRR

Have tried to install 4.49 and once again Blue Screen of death complete shut down. In fact when the pc rebooted it blue screened again.

So I guess it gone to a previous restore point.

I get annoyed at the Windows Pop up that says Windows has just recovered from a serious fault. (What irony) Then it says do you want Windows to check out a solution. When you say yes it happily runs away and nothing else happens.

Great time wasters pc's!

I'm stuck again.

Ivor

Ivor,

Just a random thought...how long is it since you cleaned out your Registry and de-fragged it?

regards,

Peter

Hi Peter

I have not run a registry cleaner on this pc, it only 3 -4 months old and I only run programs that I am going to use on it. In other words I do not as a rule load a program just to try it out, on this pc.

I have other pc's that I use for Internet and trying stuff out on.

I dont play games on it just use it for my photography.

Defrag is scheduled to run once a week.

Ivor