WnSoft Forums

Problems with "Go to slide..." in v5.6

fh1805

I am experiencing some problems with the "Go to slide nn" action. I've uploaded the PTE project as a zip file to MediaFire here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?wxmdnoz20m2

The problems are as follows:

On slide #11 the Continue button is programmed to go to slide #21 - but it does nothing

On slide #20 the Return button is programmed to go to slide #11: it goes to slide #28

On slide #21 the Continue button is programmed to go to slide #28 - but it does nothing

On slide #27 the Return button is programmed to go to slide #21: it goes to slide #28

On slide #28 the Continue button is programmed to Next Slide: and this works

On slide #29 the Continue button is programmed to Next Slide: it goes to slide #39

On slide #30 the Continue button is programmed to go to slide #39: it goes to slide #28

On slide #38 the Return button is programmed to go to slide #28: and this works

The same project file, when opened under v5.52 of PTE behaves exactly as I have programmed it to behave.

regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Your slides appear to be set up correctly as I'm sure you've checked more than once!

If it is any help, I can add new button to your (TreeBkgrnd) frame and set it up to do what you want and it does it correctly.

Just a stab in the dark - have you shuffled the slides about at any stage.

Your button is part of a parent / child setup - is it something to do with that?

DaveG

Dave,

I've checked them until I've started to see numnbers spinning before my eyes! I know that the programming is correct; as witness the fact that it works properly if I open it in v5.52.

I am working to a deadline on this talk but I can continue building in v5.6 and then switch to v5.52 to check the programming of the buttons. If necessary I can do the Create in v5.52 as well. But that still leaves Igor - and all us users - with a bug in v5.6.

regards,

Peter

Peter,

Ive done a little testing with ... and the issue appears it may also be related to a earlier similar bug you previously posted :

A new bug in PTE - WnSoft Forums

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9378

Changing the timing to 4000 seconds appears in preliminary tests as the work-around for this current issue also.

You will have to test the file more throughly to verify the proper results are achieved.

Stu,

Still using Preview under v5.6 ...

I have continued the development of this illustrated talk sequence but, on seeing your posts above, I stopped work on it and followed up on that suggestion. The slides originally all had a duration of 1 second. After I increased that to 4 seconds most, but not all, of the problems went away.

Slide #21's Continue button now requires two clicks (not a double-click but two slightly spaced out clicks) to advance the sequence but does go to the correct slide. All other buttons behave correctly on first click. And if I select Slide #21 and "Preview from selected slide" then the Continue button reacts correctly to the first click.

While doing the testing I noticed that I did have one programming error. Slide #30's Continue button was programmed to go to slide #43. It should have been going to slide #39. I corrected this error. And now that button takes me to slide #28. Talk about being confused - I am and so, it would seem, is PTE.

regards,

PTE

Further to my immediately preceeding post...

I have now upped the slide durations to 4000 and all problems have gone away. This does, indeed, seem to be another manifestation of the previously reported bug with Menu slides.

Thanks, Stu, for pointing me in the direction of the circumvention. Now all we need is for the WnSoft Wizards to provide a permanent solution, hopefully, in v5.6.1.

regards,

Peter

Peter,

Just out of interest do you copy my finding that if a new button is created in your original menu which is not connected to a frame (parent/child) it behaves as it should?

When I tested your original I was able to have your button on a slide doing the wrong things and my button alongside it doing the right things.

If it is the slide duration surely it would affect all buttons (on the same slide)?

Rephrase: The slide duration workaround is only required for objects which are part of a parent / child relationship?

Just trying to understand.

DaveG

Dave,

As I hope you will understand, my concerns when I have a problem are:

- to find a workaround (so that my sequence build is not delayed)

- to document the problem clearly for Igor and his team

- to alert other users to the problem

So I do not always have the time or the inclination to keep diagnosing any problem exhaustively. I have had buttons misbehave both as children of some other object and as stand-alone buttons. The Return button on #20 is a stand-alone button but it misbehaved. The Return button on #19 is also a stand-alone button but it has never misbehaved.

I cannot explain why increasing the slide duration (which isn't actually controlling the sequence as I have "Wait for a key press..." ticked in Project Options...Main) should bypass the problem. But since Igor gave this as a temporary solution, clearly he and his team do understand what is going on.

regards,

Peter

Peter,

I too extended the timimgs and finally ended up using the 4000 second.

Heres my findings on v5.6 Wait For Key behaviour:

When using Wait For Key setting and the currently indicated Slide Timing is exceeded or expired ... the button's Action on Mouse Click actually acquires and performs the action of the button on the very next slide thats in the same relative position. If the Slide Timing is not exceeded or expired ... the correct button action is performed.

Example when Slide Timing is set to say 5 seconds :

-On slide #11 the Continue button is programmed to go to slide #21 - but it does nothing

>If Slide Timing 5 seconds expires ... it performs relative button action on slide 12 which is set to goto slide 11 and appears to do nothing.

-On slide #20 the Return button is programmed to go to slide #11: it goes to slide #28

>If Slide Timing 5 seconds expires ... it performs relative button action on *slide 21 which is set to goto slide 28.

* recentled edited to correct slide number 22 to actually state slide number21

So there is definitely something not syncronized in the Wait For Key setting when the Slide Time indicated is exceeded or expired that's creating this button action behaviour.