WnSoft Forums

Venice

jdeller

I really like your presentation of Venice. Your composition of each photo and transitional compositions are top rate in my view. The dissonant tension in the music was getting old for me, but evolved in time to be enjoyable for the rest of the sequence. :) Of the many presentations I've seen of Venice, this is among my favorites. I've visited Venice twice, but the most recent, 12 years ago, was so fast paced, I now enjoy each Venice sequence as a chance see what I mostly ran by in person. Thanks for interpreting and sharing your experience.

Hi John,

Thank you for letting us view this show. Any opportunity to get an impression of Venice as far as I am concerned must not be missed.

For me the images created a very haunting and dramatic view of this unique city. I don't know what the music was but somehow it didn't come across as Venetian or Italian, though I may be quite wrong, and as such that grated with me for some reason. I liked the music but for me it wasn't what I was expecting.

I thought that the transitions were fantastic and most appropriate to the images and mood you were conveying. Normally, Venice is portrayed in bright sunlight but your approach was different. I think it emphasised the textures of the ancient buildings to advantage. I particularly liked a fade, dominated by an arch surrounding an old door, if I recall correctly, into a scene of a lone walking figure.

Thank you. You've given me inspiration for a planned visit to Venice scheduled for September this year.

Regards

John

Hi John,

excellent composition of images, you showed us the difference between documentary and art.

Very pleasing use of colorkey, grain and blur.

The music is ok, but I must agree to other comments that some transitions are lasting to long. Maybe you can vary transition time according to the pace of music and by that get a tighter relation of music and show.

Thanks for such a fine peace of artwork.

regards,

Frank

Thanks Bill I agree the fades are slightly too long but was trying to achieve a third image on many of them. Perhaps I have gone a bit on the slow side.

LumenLux, thank you for our comments it was a special time in a very special place full of atmoshere.

John, music was Vivaldi's Four Seasons Autumn and a track by Bond I will redo when I find something more appropriate but as you all know the music is sometimes the most difficult piece of the whole thing.

Frank & Neil thanks for kind the comments.

On a general note I have seen a number of sequences on Venice, they all have merit in their own right, I have tried to convey the emotions I felt at the time and hope that has come through to you in part.

Please consider if this is a place you would wish to visit, go and savour the unique spirt of the place and take in that special feeling you will get, different for all I am sure, but in my book on my list of Must Returns.

Regards John.

John,

I loved the slow transitions, for me, they were near perfect. Just one of examples is the third image effect of the man walking down the street - superb stuff.

I liked the mono /sepia work, but found some of the pop colour a bit too much, but that is just a personal preference.

The composition included many lines into and from corners, and your control of light, reflections and shadows was excellent. All in all a most impressive set of photography, brought together in an AV, that conveys a different side to Venice - well done.

The music was fine, but I suspect a more sorrowful and slower tune would work better. Although that is easy to say, and i can't think of anything just now that would work better.

John,

Enjoyed the Show very much.

Had a nice dreamy/old world take on Venice.

Don't think I would have seen that if I had been there.

The hanging lamp changing colour and the frequent colour popping broke things up for me.

Maybe just having a popped image at the start and end of the show would have worked better.

The music for me, worked well.

Nice one,

Davy