WnSoft Forums

Please revise the registration procedure!

Igor,

PTE is an excellent product, and there many users in the forum who like to help newcomers. But reading the posts of jeffandtammymac from today (see here), I have to shake my head and ask myself the question:

Isn't it possible to organize the registration process in a user friendly way?

It is good to have Peter's FAQ on this subject. But the numerous posts clearly show that it would be much better if this FAQ would not need to exist!

Best regards,

Xaver

Igor,

I am in total agreement with Xaver on this subject.

The current system of registering PTE and its keys is a system designed and built by computer technicians for use by computer literate individuals. What is required is a system designed to be operated by people who have no computer technical knowledge.

The registry keys should be installed as part of the product install.

If you need to control whether certain functions are active or not; if you need to control how many images are allowed in a sequence; if you need to know whether to show a scrolling text or not - find some other way of doing it that is simple and straightforward for the end user.

The registration process is long overdue a major overhaul to make it very much simpler.

regards,

Peter

I think that we are all in agreement on this - it causes a lot of unnecessary posts from very frustrated would be users who cannot load a key.

The situation is made worse by the apparently different systems that have been used to deliver keys over the last few years.

DaveG

I think that we are all in agreement on this - it causes a lot of unnecessary posts from very frustrated would be users who cannot load a key....

Dave,

I think the situation is even worse. What shall new users do (perhaps members of the elder generation) who are neither trained in using forums, nor have the necessary English language capabilities?

Regards,

Xaver

Munich

Germany

I support this suggestion very strongly!

On our French DiaporamaForum, we regularly have newcomers to PTE who are 'lost' with the registration system and other related issues that old or long-time users know well.

If this system could be replaced by a more modern and user-friendly one, we would lose a few members who come to our forum only to get help about registration and 'lost key' issues, but at least we could focus on more interesting topics and lose less time !