WnSoft Forums

Penser avec son pinceau

JPD

Thanks Jean-Cyprien, I know you are perfectly abble to do the same or better, people will be surprised when they will see what you're doing.

Jean Pierre,

Magnifique! I can't stop calling my friends to come and see this!

You have raised the bar - pas de question!

Dick

Many thanks Dick, I hope your friiends enjoy as you do. I don't think this slideshow would have a good notation in a gala or festival, but which is important for me is to do something people like.

You have raised the bar - pas de question!

I agree! Magnifique travail!

Is it correct that you are working on a tool that helps to do animations easy?

If it is, I'm looking forward and wait for it!

This tool will operate with Excel or what?

Thanks...

Fabrizio

I agree! Magnifique travail!

Is it correct that you are working on a tool that helps to do animations easy?

If it is, I'm looking forward and wait for it!

This tool will operate with Excel or what?

Thanks...

Fabrizio

Thanks. Yes, that's right I am preparing a tool but, the first one is another one and after, I'll finish it. It's a long time to make it easy for everybody, the tool itself is finish since two months.

• 2 months later...
There is a program currently on the market that works in the same way. It's name is VisiSketchPro and is developed by Dave Fitzpatrick. I am attaching a link to a short show I did over a year ago of my granddaughter to demonstrate one of the uses of VisiSketchPro. If you are interested in watching this short show I have attached the link. I also made a christmas card that is also located at the same link. It takes longer to complete and the drawing and paint work are both done in pencil. This was Beta 5 version and at the time we couldn't change tools. Of course we can now, along with a lot of other improvements.

Regards,

Douglas

http://www.youtube.com/user/douglaschrista...s/3/v2h9A9Q9Was

I’ve been using Visisketch Pro for quite a while now and importing the resulting drawings into P2e.

You end up with a sequence not very far removed from video with your chosen drawing tool rapidly creating a sketch..

If anybody is interested in how it’s done please e-mail me or PM and I’ll send you my method.

It's worth remembering that the resulting EXE. file or project will be very large.

Tom.

Hi Tom,

Just some observations. I too have used Visisketch Pro but I believe what JPD is doing is significantly different in numerous ways. There are superficial similarities, but the essence, I believe, is quite different.

First, Visisketch creates an AVI video file, and as you say the file size is quite large. Then it works on a flat palette limited to 640x480 pixels (at least in my version). Of course it would be "possible" to decompile these individual frames, use them as objects but only with a tremendous amount of effort and time.

What JPD does is all in extremely smooth executable format and of quite compact size (only about 19 megabytes or so), the palette is 3D and in an artistic perspective rather than lying flat as with Visisketch, and he overlays images and remove them, something not currently possible with a video file. The brush is "dipped" numerous times for different colors and the result is nothing short of spectacular for PTE.

Perhaps in the near future JPD can reveal how he was able to accomplish this. Visisketch Pro provides a way to construct a sketch, painting or both and create a really nice AVI, but what JPD is doing is, I believe, quite different.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi! Lin,

Thank you for you comments.

I have been corresponding with David Fitzpatrick the code writer for Visisketch and he told me how to get at the created bitmaps before the Avi is created, here’s how.....

In Visisketch create a sketch and click on build bitmaps, now without closing Visisketch navigate to the folder you installed Visisketch into (usually “C” drive...programme files... Visisketch) and explore it.

Inside you will find a temp folder called bitmaps, make a copy of this folder and paste it at a convenient place on your hard drive; this folder is now available for use in P2e like any other folder.

Load the files into P2e using the “add all pictures to slide list” command and the will appear in the correct order.

I won’t go any further as it would be like teaching your grandmother to suck eggs.

If you know of any other tips and tricks for using this programme, please share with us.

Tom.

Hi Tom,

Let's start a new thread so we don't get off-track. If you will, copy your post above to a new title and start a new post and we can continue with discussing how to implement Visisketch output in PTE.

Best regards

Lin

Lin,

I've done what you suggested and started a new thread, you will find it under the heading of "P2e and Visisketch".

Tom.

• 6 months later...

This sllideshow was present in Hayange festival. It was not in classification, that mean it was between the 51th and the 91 th position.

Probably the Jury don't accept animation in a slideshow.

It has been appreciate in 3 others galas by those who see it. That mean that we never be sad of a result which is only the opinion of few persons (the jury), neither think that good comments here make your work good for every body, because people who write here know PTE and are abble to understand the technical work, which is not the problem of other people and jury.

See the discussion about this subject here and here

Hi Jean-Pierre,

You said in an earlier post "it's only the demonstration of what we can do with a tool I am finishing and that everybody will be abble to use to do such slideshow.

I think it will be ready in a month, for free, of course."

Did you make the tool you refer to available on the PTE forum?

The show was amazing and it would be very interesting to try to do something similar.

Kind regards

Peter

Hello Jean-Pierre, Is it possible you might have your presentation in a Mac executable file too? Thanks Bill

Here is a link for mp4 low resolution version, I haven't do a Mac version because I have nothing to test it, sorry

Hi Jean-Pierre,

You said in an earlier post "it's only the demonstration of what we can do with a tool I am finishing and that everybody will be abble to use to do such slideshow.

I think it will be ready in a month, for free, of course."

Did you make the tool you refer to available on the PTE forum?

The show was amazing and it would be very interesting to try to do something similar.

Kind regards

Peter

Yes, I wrote that and it was near finish, but since I have some problems of concentration which make me unabble to finish and am not sure to recover, unfortunately. Sorry