WnSoft Forums

Sound in Pte show

nelson

Kieron,

You wrote..."The Galaxy has not turned up as yet from the supplier, probably held up at customs"...

Kieron, I'm surprised at that delay as B&H Photovideo are renowned for their delivery services.

May I suggest to get back on to them and and having quoted your Invoice/Payment Number request

a 'Parcel ID Number' so you can make an enquiry with the USPS (United States Postal Service) who

will trace it for you. I doubt its to do with Customs if it was properly declared as an 'Audio Mixer' ??

Just a suggestion...

Brian.Conflow.

Kieron,

You wrote..."I have purchased a used Shuttle small form factor Computer from my local computer guy at a very reasonable price.

It is very light and it runs the program smooth as silk"...

Kieron that was a clever move and it's the proper way to go. Best of luck with the Shuttle PC and the Galaxy and should you want

any help with these just send me a PM. As you know we Manufacture Sound Systems for Irish Railways so we can advise on the

most 'bizarre' of Auditorium Installations ~ we have seen them all. (Photo below).

I see your're from Sarnia Ontario, by any chance do you know Ken Cox he also lives in Sarnia ? he is one of the 'Founding Fathers'

of this Forum and a great source of Pte 'knowhow' should you come unstuck.

Best regards,

Brian.Conflow.

For this issue I use an external sound card that has a Firewire connectio to your laptop ( I bought it for the same reason)

It is called Firebox from PreSonus. Audio IN-OUT line and mike. It works like a charme.

Also you can go to DJ sound and light rental place that will rent portable amps that you might be able to plug in the earphone jack.

Laszlo

Laszlo,

Sure that's one solution, but Kieron has a different problem alltogether,viz:-

He has to get the Sound and Mic-Over from his Laptop to a distant Sound-Booth which controls the

Auditorium Amplification and in doing this he has to use of the Laptop volume control which shows up

on his Laptop Monitor and on the Projector Screen which is distractive and ruins his Show.

Quoted..."I am presenting a show in a large Auditorium where the main sound controls are located in a

Booth away from where I will be located. I will have time to set up prior and hopefully have the correct levels.

My question is regarding the window that come up on my Laptop Screen or Projected Image when I adjust the

sound level's on the Laptop. If I have to 'tweak' the sound levels part way through a Show using the Laptop

sound control it is very distracting to have it super imposed on the Projected Show".

Is there a way to hide this window??

Hope this puts you in the picture,

regards,

Brian.Conflow.