WnSoft Forums

ScreenPrints

nobeefstu

A new updated version of ScreenPrints ... a utility to capture/save PTE Show images.

ScreenPrints v1.5 and other fine Shows and utilities now available at :

PTE-Beechbrook Site

http://beechbrook.com/pte/

Info:

==============================================

New Feature Updates

-Added : Zip Function, Single Image select viewer, minor program tweaks and other graphical enhancements.

A PTE Utility for Photographers who send out their PTE "Proof Shows" to Clients for review and ordering. Possible uses for other PTE users as well.

This Utility launches your PTE executable.

1-Enables the "Print Screen" Key for Image capture.

2-Creates and saves the Image as (full screen).jpg to C:\ScreenPrints folder.

3-Photo Selection Review of all captured Images.

4-Viewer has Manual/Advance and Return and Auto Mode/Advance

5-Options are : Delete Image, Make List of Images, Open Image Folder, Current Name and Image Counter, Zip package ... and more.

6-Final Page gives you the Photographer, a Message Window to advise Client of what to do with final selected Images and List package. (This program does not attach Zip in MAIL for you.)

Others Additions include :

Your Logo, Your Email, Your WWW and more

Package includes : ==============================================

1-ScreenPrints.exe

2-RunShow.ini - enter your PTE.exe Show, Email, WWW entries

3-Start.txt - enter your custom Startup Message

4-Photographer.txt - enter info about you and company.

5-Special Instructions .txt - enter your custom message and instructions to Client.

6-Logo.bmp - supply your custom Logo display (300x85)

7-Read Me.txt

Total Package : 974.kb zipped (934.kb exe only).

Hope you Enjoy ... Give it a Spin!

Am I being daft, but why would anyone want to capture PTE screen images unless it was that they are up to no good and stealing someone elses work.

If you make a slide show, where is the need to capture images from the show in this way, you would have higher resolution images at your disposal wouldn't you.

Am I missing something or just being suspicious.

bbdigital

<_<

Barry

From all the numerous threads that have gone before my impression is that there are a lot of wedding photographers using PTE in the USA, whereas in the UK most users are AV enthusiasts. I often click for the person's profile, to see from whence a question or input is coming, but these are sadly lacking in the former.

Ron [uK]

Barry

From all the numerous threads that have gone before my impression is that there are a lot of wedding photographers using PTE in the USA, whereas in the UK most users are AV enthusiasts. I often click for the person's profile, to see from whence a question or input is coming, but these are sadly lacking in the former.

Ron [uK]

Robert,

That first pre- release version I mailed you had a issue with certain OS lacking a ocx file. So you were kinda a beta tester :P This v1.5 has improved initialization of the capture ... v1.0 would not be hurried.

bbdigital,

I expect every tool can have a double edge purpose ...those using it with the proper intentions and those that have other ideas in mind for its use. If the later intention is the need ... 1 more capture tool is not going to change the world.

The smart photograher that distributes their work to clients for proof selection has already item labeled and protected each photo in some manner or form for identification ( this is a must for any distributed photo for sale). Since the image is saved as a jpg using avg compression ... its really not a very suitable image to print if the client/user intends to do so.

Ron, you are quite correct about the profile info ... I too am guilty of not being so open with my own information. :(

Any other comments ? ...

No, still can't see the point and the Pros I have lectured to would love their low res images free from a screen grab possibility. We, the initiated understand the resolution issue but most don't. They will grab the images, print them out and then blame the photographer for the poor quality image, that is if they even realise they have a poor quality image.

Never mind, I can see that one more program to take a screen grab will not hurt. I use one myself for writing tutorials called Hypersnaps.

I just wondered what the enthusiasm for this software was from a group of people who had the originals.

bbdigital

<_<

Barry, I will describe my anticipated use of Barry's program. I am not a professional photographer. I enjoy photography and take many photos of family and friends activities. Now with digital, it is even easier to take "too many" pix. Then when I want to share the photos, there are way too many to print them all. When I take the time to select the preferred shots and put them in a PTE show, the results are always appreciated. Frequently the recipients do request prints and I am thinking that nobeef's method may be a good one for this purpose. Obviously your concerns are real. As you know, it is an interesting play between users who need protection and users who need to offer some degree of access to their work. If we all keep at this long enough we probably all have need of both. :)

bbdigital,

I understand your needs (and the other pros) concerns about capturing the screen images. Most photographers dont want any possibilities of their images being grabbed ( low res or not). However, this is not possible.

The main purpose of ScreenPrints is to enable the photographer to send out just a exe show of proof photos to their client ... without the need of supplying any print qualitity images to be grabbed . This also makes it easy for the client to select specific images ...without pen/ paper in hand to write their order as they view.

The client selects and emails to the photographer (from the proof show) what photos they selected and want to order. Once the photographer receives that photo order ... the clients are sent the "quality printable images".

If the client prints just the captured selections ... they are suppose to get a low quality print ... and therefore they cant blame the photograher for poor quality prints till they send in their order/pay for the original printable quality images.

Many PTE users here send out shows with quality printable images ... they will learn in time from the experience this not a wise business practice.

nobeefstu

I go along with all that, but....................why are there always so many buts in this life LOL...??? Anyway, what was I saying.

Oh yes, but!! people will still print screen grabs and despite my earlier comment about low quality, have you printed out a 72dpi image on a good inkjet printer lately, they are not bad you know. Probably good enough for 70% of people to A4. Especially if they are getting them free of charge.

Don't get me wrong I am not paranoid about people stealing my pictures, I am sure it has happened already. It's just a shame that we cannot

prevent screen prints and have confidence that it stays that way. I suppose its the age old argument, if you can put in an electronic anti copy device, some clever bugger will develop an electronic way to take it out.

Oh well, what the hell.

btw..........Tonight I have been bombarded with virus emails, all picked up safely, but be vigilent with what you open people.

bbdigital

• 2 months later...

With some reluctance I re-enter this topic after two months. But, now, with an actual need for this ScreenPrints program, I can not get it to work. Nobeefstu - your (always) quality work is evident as I run the program. The instructions are clear, the screens are attractive, but I can't capture any slides. Your program seems to run all the way, but the result screen always shows 0 of 0 slides selected. I have tried pressing the Print Screen keyboard button and also Shift-PrintScreen buttons, to no avail. Normally, my PrintScreen button calls Hardcopy Pro for a screen grab. So I reset my startup to avoid that, but I still can't get a capture in your program. Any ideas what I might look to do differently to get it to work?

Sorry to hear that Robert :(

Please verify that your using the latest ScreenPrints version 1.5. from Beechbrook.

You may by accident happen to be using the older beta release version I initially sent you some time ago?

That version did have issues if the users PC did not have required file ( Command Dialog ActiveX Control Dll). The final release versions resolved that issue.

I also have a newer (unlreased version) that has a few more new features ... one of which performs a checks and balances prior to proceeding to the next session (checks to see if certain conditions are met and exist to proceed)

I could personally email you this (unreleased version) if you like?

Hopefully together we can resolve this ... keep me advised :D

Note: Other new features include : Use of Html (or still use txt )message files -that way you can now have color and pictures in messages used. Option to go directly to View Previous captured images. Various file /operation improvements.

Sure Stu. If you can send me the newest version, that may save us some diagnostic effort. The version I am using does say Version 1.5. I don't remember whether it came off Beechbrook or directly from you. I'll fire off an email to you in case my address is not at your fingertips. Thank you for your efforts.

Ok, Robert

I still have your email listed. I will package it and send today.

I will also include the Comdlg32.ocx file separately (as a test to perform) just incase your XP config settings is not allowing it to function remotely. I will supply instructions (as it only needs to be placed in your window/systems folder. These XP setting/things can be irratating. Its also possible you already have it in your sys folder.