WnSoft Forums

The land of contrasts

d67

The land of contrasts; The land God made in anger; The ageless land, The land of wide-open spaces.... Namibia.

I had chance to be there last month for 2 weeks.

You will find on Bill's Beechbrook Cottage site my last slideshow Namibia - land of contrasts :

- 6'22"

- no particular tricks, only photos : sorry for some poor quality photos of animals... my tele lenses is of very modest standard

- PTE V4.49... I had so much trouble trying to cope with the V5's timeline that I abandonned due to lack of time and tenacity

I hope you will find as much pleasure to view my photos as I had to take them.

If the transition rythm is too fast... no problem, the slideshow is fully keyboard controllable (pause, arrows, ...) and you can also pause/resume it with the left mouse button

Happy viewing

Comments welcome

Patrick

- no particular tricks, only photos

Patrick

And what incredible photos they are! You (and Catherine) certainly have an eye for composition. I'm not sure which I really liked best, but I was particularly caught by the one shot of various sized elephants. The light and the lines were wonderful. I also especially liked some of the shots with the trees and the dunes. The music was appropriate and the show did not suffer in the least from the lack of any special effects. Thank you for sharing these pictures with us! I'm sure it was a trip you will remember for a lifetime.

The land of contrasts; The land God made in anger; The ageless land, The land of wide-open spaces.... Namibia.

I hope you will find as much pleasure to view my photos as I had to take them.

If the transition rythm is too fast... no problem, the slideshow is fully keyboard controllable (pause, arrows, ...) and you can also pause/resume it with the left mouse button

Happy viewing

Comments welcome

Patrick

Very nice Patrick! Great photographs from an unknown land (to me anyway) mixed with enchanting music. You are a fine photographer Patrick.

Regards,

Dave

Patrick,

A great travelogue!

Isn't it grand how PTE has grown into such a platform for creative people to present their experiences.

After watching Barry's piece on Australia last week, and now your piece on Namibia, we have a desire to visit the world. Here in in the prairies of central Canada, we have white and black in the winter, and green and yellow in the summer. The colors in this presentation are so different to us and are truly spectacular! The contrasts between the vegetation and their backgrounds of sand and mountains are awesome!

Your choice of music fit the program perfectly. And the pace of the program with short durations and long transitions are going to change my way of making presentations!

Now to invite friends over to watch a great slideshow!

Merci!

Dick

• 1 month later...

Great show Patrick and Catherine. I thought the images in the first half played a little fast, the images in the second half were (or seemed) slower. I enjoyed your photography, well done!