WnSoft Forums

Blur Composition

thedom

Almost 3 years ago, I made a demo to show what can be done with PTE Masks.

I used pictures of the french model/actress Laetitia Casta I found on the internet.

Here is a slideshow with the same idea, but I added masks and blurred effects for a dynamic composition with my own pictures.

TheDom-Blur-Small.jpg

[ 10.33Mb - 2 minutes and 54 seconds ]

You can download it here.

The animation should be smooth, even with old configuration.

I think those effects add a visual appeal of the sequence. What do you think ?

Instead of doing it in Photoshop, I really would like to be able to control the blur effect directly in PTE. Am I the only one ?

Hi TheDom,

That's a magnificent sequence! But I'm a traditionalist and I think I would have preferred to see more (onscreen time) of the original macro image and less of the animation and effects. Having said that, I really enjoyed watching the show and marvelling at your skills as both a photographer and as an AV worker. Congratulations!

regards,

Peter

I tend to agree with Peter's comment.

It is a very busy presentation, with lots going on, which detracts from the main image.

Having said that, the quality of the photography is once again of a very high standard with crystal-clear detail.

Regards,

wideangle

Well for me, I think that worked better then a straight sequence of macro images. It had the effect of show the audience what your going to show them, then show them: tastier then main course. It is a busy sequence, so keeping it short is the key.

Thank you for your comments.

I tried to be imaginative with this slideshow but I can perfectly undestand some will prefer still images. :)

As you explained it morturm, the animation slides are like a pre-dinner drink (cheers ! ;) ) and I tried to make somethig very graphic like a modern painting.

And the still image that come after each animation slide is here to give you time to have a closer look.

The Dom

I like your creative work and this latest one is excellent. :D

There is no doubting your photography skills and I think adding movement to a show adds life to it. I hope you keep up your great work.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Dom, I showed this Av to members of my camera club this evening and asked for their feedback. The consensus was that such an approach should just be used for the first and last image only. Of course you have to consider the audience, they were interested mainly in the photography, and while we have an active AV membership, those 'av members' thought the effects were simply over the top - when carried out throughout the show.

I fully realise that your intention may have been simply to highlight the approach, club members thought that using it at the beginning and end ('bookends' as they say for panels) would be a most impactive AV.