WnSoft Forums

Progress Bar

Mike Reed

... and the judges advise them of why they got the boot ...

And therein lies the problem! In the regional, national and international competitions held in the UK, the entrants don't get any feedback. So how are they going to know what changes to make for the next time?

Peter

* Disabling the Mouse Cursor automatically prevents the NAV BAR display. To remove additional user control of your slideshow ... one also needs to disable the Keyboard Control option.

Please Stu, Don't mention that - Ken might be listening/watching!

No matter what is on by default and what is not ... any new user and seasoned user needs to explore the program and its project settings. Making specific Templates of your settings to create your slideshow is the best function to use to resolve any preferred settings to always use.

DG

And therein lies the problem! In the regional, national and international competitions held in the UK, the entrants don't get any feedback. So how are they going to know what changes to make for the next time?

Peter

Well Peter that is really bright - how is one to learn their mistakes?

when in school the teacher generally give comments

better boycott the fancy competitions :))))))))

ken

ken

YOU GUYS HAVE NOT BEEN READING MY ENTRIES OVER THE YEARS RE THE NAV BAR

I have always ADVOCATED IT'S USE SINCE MY ORIGINAL PURCHASE ver 3.64-3.65 as well as cursor on- manual control etc

THIS IS A TESTING FORUM NOT A COMPETITON FORUM - our objective is to advise the author's what we in our opinion they are doing wrong - in order to do that IMHO we have to have control of the show - if i dont have control most shows get the esc key other than shows that are imho perfect shows and those people know who they are

ken

I thought this was an open forum in which anyone is at liberty to make constructive suggestions to improve PTE.

I would not wish to feel that contributions are limited to one particular aspect of improving PTE - ie 'testing'.

Guest Yachtsman1

I thought this was an open forum in which anyone is at liberty to make constructive suggestions to improve PTE.

I would not wish to feel that contributions are limited to one particular aspect of improving PTE - ie 'testing'.

Maybe if you put your suggestions in the correct section it would be better received.

Yachtsman1.

Perhaps a misunderstanding!? There are forum members who present their work in this forum (Section: Slideshows created in PicturesToExe), and they ask for some feedback. For the reviewer it is very helpful to have the new navigation bar. Example: Assume a show to last 10 minutes. When watching it you have got the impression that there is a bad transition towards the end of the presentation. You want to see this particular transition again. Now, do you want to sit there for another 9 to 10 minutes?

Regards,

Xaver

I think that I can understand arguments of both sides.

My assumption that home users often need the navigation bar, because watching of a slideshow or AV show is similar to watching of movie or video clip where viewers aways have navigation controls (in software video players, YouTube/Vimeo).

I can understand the point of view of AV enthusiasts. Also the navigation bar "tells" everybody that this slideshow created in a certain sofware (PicturesToExe). AV show loses a part of it's individuality.

On other hand, do you like to watch DVD movie where you can't skip or rewind 1-3 minutes of introduction or advertisement? Rewinding and play/pause are locked and you have to wait patiently.

Competing slideshow software have the navigation bar enabled by default.

When we suggest the navigation bar by default, we show users the important function of PicturesToExe. I think that it's obvious that there should be a way to turn this navigation bar off. The related option is placed on the first page of the Project options window.

If we disable the navigation bar by default, will majority of new users guess that PicturesToExe do have this feature?

P.S. Dave, we plan add exit button later. I have this record in my TODO list.