WnSoft Forums

Expanding Audio Waveform/Expanding Audio Timeline

Added new tutorial for those who have not yet learned how to expand the audio waveform and/or audio timeline in 8.0 beta. Not a dissertation, but just a quick look at how the new waveform with keyframes and audio timeline works. Also includes a few comments about why I would use the slide list rather than the timeline to switch positions of slides.

Here's a link - it's also linked in my main tutorials list as number 46.

My Link - about 86 meg download...

Lin

Hi Folks,

Thanks! This one is really just more of an "explanation" than a tutorial, but I have had a couple emails from forum members asking about this and I thought that perhaps actually seeing the effects might be useful. Please forgive me for calling the audio keypoints "keyframes," in the video but it's a long held habit which I frequently slip back into.

Long ago when Igor first introduced the "Keyframe" concept, he called them "Keypoints" which made perfectly good logical sense, However, because with video software manipulation effects are done at "frame" intervals, the term "keyframe" had been in common use for a long time. In consideration of this, Igor decided to change the terminology for these points in time where we elect to make changes to keyframe.

Well, keyframe was only really more meaningful when discussing video because the smallest division along the timeline for change with a video is at a single frame division. But with audio, the changes can be at virtually "any" time within the most discrete digital divisions provided by the audio frequency, so "Keypoint" is truly more meaningful. Truly, because we are dealing with a continuum of time with our original still images "Keypoint" makes more sense to me and I probably should be more careful with my descriptive language.

Just keep in mind that pertaining to PTE these days when the term "Keypoint" is used it refers to those points along the timeline when changes to "Audio" are made. When "Keyframe" is used it refers to points along the timeline when some visual effect is implemented. I hope this hasn't been totally confusing - LOL

Best regards,

Lin