WnSoft Forums

Grouping of options intended for EXE files

Igor

Hi,

The Project options window contains a lot of options.

- Some options are valid only for executable shows for PC/Mac.
(manual control, icon file, etc)

- Other options are universal and intended for any format of a show: video, YouTube, EXE, etc.
(aspect ration, transition effects, background, etc).

And these options are mixed even within one tab/page of the Project options window.

This problem becomes more important once the more and more users turn to create video files only.

I suspect that new users might be confused when they tried to enable a password protection option which simply doesn't work in a video file!

I plan to add a comment to each group of options which is intended only for PC/Mac. But sometimes two options have one group (say "Screen") and one option is valid for any output formats and another one is only for EXE files.

Igor

Just reading your comment for the second time and this thought came to me, which is probably a bit off the wall.

When we do a file new, we select our potential output as well. If video is selected, this then closes off any options like passwords and manual control that would not be available in a video.

However, it would need to be switchable at any stage for those who selected the wrong output or those who just change their minds

Guest Yachtsman1

After publishing a newly constructed Exe, & then trying to publish a video, there is an auto message saying the project must be saved first, why? I don't know, but that is what happens on my system.

Yachtsman1.

... I plan to add a comment to each group of options which is intended only for PC/Mac. But sometimes two options have one group (say "Screen") and one option is valid for any output formats and another one is only for EXE files.

There are similar "problems" in the Slide Options (Main > Run external application), and in Objects and Animation (Common > Action on mouse click). Question: Would it make sense to give single options a kind of label that should indicate that the option in question does not apply to video outputs? Of course, there will be some odd situations. The option "Fixed size of slide" (which I would call "Fixed size of screen") does not apply to the size of a video output, but it determines the aspect ratio of the show. So there is a kind of influence.

Just another question on the Project Options: Wouldn't it be better to delete the Audio Tab in the Project Options, while having an Audio Button in the bottom toolbar?

Regards,

jt

After publishing a newly constructed Exe, & then trying to publish a video, there is an auto message saying the project must be saved first, why? I don't know, but that is what happens on my system.

Yachtsman1.

This will not happen in future version.

Igor

Just reading your comment for the second time and this thought came to me, which is probably a bit off the wall.

When we do a file new, we select our potential output as well. If video is selected, this then closes off any options like passwords and manual control that would not be available in a video.

However, it would need to be switchable at any stage for those who selected the wrong output or those who just change their minds

Barry,

Thanks for interesting idea! But this variant also has weak sides.

jt,

"Fixed size of screen" is removed from future version.

In PTE 8.5 the Main tab contains:

- "Aspect ration";

- Virtual size of a slide (as custom option);

- Background options (solid, gradient, image).

These options are valid for any output format.

I moved Screen group from Screen tab to Advanced tab. Now Screen tab contains only:

- Fullscreen/windowed modes;

- Unsharp mask.

Screen tab is deleted.

P.S. Please post your suggestion regarding Audio tab as a new topic. It deserves a special discussion.