WnSoft Forums

How to get video MPEG4 codec?

backpack45scb

An earlier post talked about this codec, but I can't find it - the post excerpt:

"However I have discovered another feature of the video encoding provided by PTE. If you start the video encoding dialog box. Then select "creat custom AVi video file", then click on "Video codec" and select "MPEG4 Video Codec V2", then select "configure" ..."

I'm trying to produce youtube video with pte 4.48, and can't find mpeg4. Any help appreciated. I've searched old posts but can't find answer.

Thanks

An earlier post talked about this codec, but I can't find it - the post excerpt:

"However I have discovered another feature of the video encoding provided by PTE. If you start the video encoding dialog box. Then select "creat custom AVi video file", then click on "Video codec" and select "MPEG4 Video Codec V2", then select "configure" ..."

I'm trying to produce youtube video with pte 4.48, and can't find mpeg4. Any help appreciated. I've searched old posts but can't find answer.

Thanks

Go here:

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/ACE-...nload-6778.html

Download the ACE Megacodec Pack and install the Microsoft MPEG4 codec.

Lin

Type mpeg4x.zip in Google and you'll find MPEG4 encoder. It's only 130 KB.

Quality is very good and file size is small.

Windows 98, Me, 2000, XP, Vista can natively play .avi with MPEG4 codec. No additional software or decoders are not required.

Unfortunately Microsoft stoped distribution of this encoder and went to own WMV format.