WnSoft Forums

"Show first transition effect from desktop" option

Igor

There is a problem with implementation of "Show first transition effect from desktop" option.

A new window (e.g. slide show) always blinks when it appears under Windows Vista. I consider it's a bug in new Aero Glass interface that works in 3D space using hardware accelleration (as we use same mode in v5.00's slide shows).

We think to don't support this option anymore. Because no chance to provide work of this option under Windows Vista. It would be strange if it will work under Windows XP and will not work correctly under Windows Vista.

What you think about this?

Hi Igor,

Since we can simulate most transition effects with the Animations capability, I think we really don't need this feature. We could use a mask and various black or color jpg's to simulate a "wipe" and do a fade in using transparency change so my vote would be to eliminate it since it's a possible source of issue for those who will be using Vista.

Best regards,

Lin

I have never used the feature either from or to and don't like it any way. So it is no problem as far as I am concerned. However some members of the forum do use it, as seen on some of the downloads, and no doubt they will comment.

Ron [uK]

The same for me too. I never used this feature, and I think it's not important at all, Igor. I've seen hundreds of slideshows made with PTE, and I think only two or three used this type of transition (but only when it was introduced the first time).

Igor,

I, too, would not miss this option, so I vote for leaving it out.

But, does this mean that older shows created previously in v.4 will have a problem, too, under Vista, or will the old engine (and other older technologies) be supported well enough under Vista that it will not be affected?

Guest Techman1

I personally have used this feature for certain clients and they really liked it. They liked how it cleared their desktop with a rolling page effect. That is about the only way I have used it.

If it creates a lot of work then I may miss it a little, but not too much. Do what you need in this regard.

Thanks,

Fred

The only time I have used this option is when I have a menu screen that allows the viewer to select from several shows. Each show then starts with 'show first transition from desktop' & also have 'show last transition to desktop' so that they fade in & out from the menu screen rather than just jumping to a black screen. If I can achieve this in another way then please let me know & by all means remove the option.

Jill

I just did addifional tests under Windows Vista (Release Candidate 2) and I found way to release this option in non-exclusive fullscreen mode of slide show and in second CPU based graphical engine.

But in exlusive fullscreen mode it's not possible - blinking will occur on at startup of a slide show.

v5.00 will suggest three screen modes:

- Future CPU based graphical engine in v5.00 like it was used in v4.48

"Show first transition effect from desktop" option will work.

- Hardware accellerated fullscreen mode (it uses video card, but Pan effect will not look enough smooth)

"Show first transition effect from desktop" option will work.

- Hardware accellerated EXCLUSIVE fullscreen mode (it uses video card, all effects look ideally)

This mode used in all current betas of v5.00

"Show first transition effect from desktop" option will NOT work.

• 2 weeks later...

I use PTE to create the menus for tutorial DVD's and slide show demos look rather neat using the transition to and from the desktop, but its not something I would mourn the loss of.

I am sure you have bigger fish to fry.

Get PTE working on a Mac, then we are really cooking. Yes I know this is on the wish list :rolleyes:

Barry

...it's not something I would mourn the loss of.

I am sure you have bigger fish to fry.

I agree with Barry, and I vote for the third solution:

"Hardware accelerated EXCLUSIVE fullscreen mode (it uses video card, all effects look ideally)

This mode used in all current betas of v5.00

'Show first transition effect from desktop' option will NOT work".