-
Posts
2,323 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
6
Everything posted by thedom
-
Hi Igor, This upadte of the forum is very effective, no more spam at all! Congratulations.
-
Mike, That's exactly what you have to do. In PTE > Project Options > Screen Tab > Screen Option - Aspect Ratio of a slide : 16:9 DVD And, after, for each slide, increase the zoom of "WHOLE PHOTO ALBUM" object to - let's say - 96%.
-
Actually, it's really very simple. I put the image in the background (= at the bottom of the objects list), set it to "cover slide" mode, and set its opacity to about 45%. What I like the most is to use this effect combined with a gradient filling for the background. It's really very nice with a B/W picture and a sepia to light grey gradient filling.
-
Mike, Ken is right, FX is for "special effects" (actually I should have used SFX). May be it's a little bit "show off" but I didn't know how to call those masks. If you want to understand how it works, do the following : - add one of your photo in the slide list. - open the O/A window for this slide - add "WhiteFrame-3D-BlackBackground.png" as a new image and zoom it. I guess you have difficulties to understand how it works because you should set the vizualisation screen (in the O/A window) to 25%. Hope it helps. I think watching advertisements and surfing on the internet is a good source of inspiration... but it's difficult to give you specific ressources.
-
Ron, Mike, Thank you very much for those very nice comments. Ron, what size of images did you use ? It might be because your pictures are in too high definition. I recommend 1024 x 768. Mike, I'm not sure to understand what you mean, not because of you but because of my bad english. Do you mean that you would like the previous picture to be almost out of the screen when the next one appears ? If so, in the O/A window, for each slide, select the "PTE Frame" object, click on the last keypoint on the right (7500 ms) and instead of 80/-80 for x pan, set it to 200/-200. Hope it helps.
-
Ron, The templates I release should only be considered as a start. They can of course be used as they are but you can use them or modify them as you want. However, I made a second version of this template with a "straight" frame and included it in the archive (v1.1). The archive includes now two templates : 1 - TheDom-FrameAnimationConcave-TPL.pte 2 - TheDom-FrameAnimationStraight-TPL.pte Also included in the zip, a frame and a shadow for portrait pictures. If you have pictures is this format, just replace the frame and the shadow images with "WhiteFrame-Classical-Portrait.png" and "Shadow-Classical-Portrait.png" (in Objects and Animation window, in the properties tab). Please have a look at the new version of the demo, I changed the aspect ratio (in PTE: Project options > "Screen" tab > "16:9 DVD") and it "works". Of course, you can use 16:9 pictures as well but yo don't have to. Thank you for your feedback.
-
Incredible ! I made the same ride in helicopter over La Réunion 4 years ago and it was really a huge pleasure to watch your show. But I'm wondering how you took your pictures for 3D effects. May be I'm wrong but I thought you have to take two photos of the same view with a light difference to make anaglyphs. How did you make them ?? Thanks again, very impressive.
-
Here is a new animation with frames. It's quite simple but it can be nice to include it as a part of a slideshow. Hope you like it. Demo : Template :
-
Masks anf full PTE project now avalaible. See original post #1 above for the direct links to the files.
-
I noticed something a little bit strange with some keypoints when you modify the display slide timing. Everything work perfectly and logicaly when you checked the "scale keypoints" option. But if you do not check this option, the keypoints set just at the beginning and at the end of the transition slide (on the right) do not keep their timing. I think one should expect that they work as the other keypoints, meaning they keep their timing but instead of this, they "move" to continue to be the keypoint at the beginning and at the end of the final transition slide. Don't know if you can understand what I mean because it's a little bit difficult to explain in english. Let's take an example : - time slide = 4 seconds - transition (next slide) = 1 second - keypoint #1 : time = 0 sec - keypoint #2 : time = 3 sec - keypoint #3 : time = 4 sec - keypoint #4 : time = 4.5 sec - keypoint #5 : time = 5 sec Display slide => 8 sec (option "scale keypoints in objects" not checked). Results : - keypoint #1 : time = 0 sec => Ok - keypoint #2 : time = 3 sec => Ok - keypoint #3 : time = 8 sec - keypoint #4 : time = 4.5 sec => Ok - keypoint #5 : time = 9 sec In my opinion, keypoints #3 and #5 should keep their time, don't you think ?
-
Ron, Thank you for your tutorial, I guess it will be useful. Mike, Fred, I made this script with CS2 and it runs ok on my computer. I tested the script with CS and I got the same result as you had (1x1 blocks). I really don't know why. I will try to understand but I'm not sure I will be able to fix it... Ron, did you run the script with CS or CS2 ?
-
Woaw, it works great! Didn't know such work could be done so quickly. Thanks for the tip Ray. UPDATE: The problem is that "An integer between 1 and 50 is required". I'm afraid it is not possible to divide a picture into 94 horizontal slices with this method...
-
Mike, I'm not sure to understand your question. As you already noticed, it's actually the same image for both objects. I don't know what's wrong. Anyway, here is a photoshop action to make a cover in 3 sec! Open an image and run the action. At the end, you only have to save the three files... All the explanations are included in the action too. Please tell me if it runs ok for you. Hope it helps. TheDom_PhotoAlbum_Cover_ATN.zip
-
Hi Silvia, I don't know if it's the one you're looking for but you can try one of Panosfx action called Mosaic : http://panosfx.com/index.php?option=com_co...7&Itemid=27
-
see http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/special-offer.htm Here are the latest news about development : http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=38218 I can't find the post but I'm wondering if Igor didn't told us that beta #9 is the last beta before final... Let's be patient and see what's coming.
-
Let's hope it will be efficient. In any case, I like a lot the new GUI to post a message/PM. Thanks Igor.
-
Fred, Thanks for taking time to answer to Ray.
-
Andreas, Fred, thank you for your comments. I will probably release the project (messy right now) and the masks next week and will let you know.
-
Hi Kim, Sorry, Ihave no idea but if you wish, you can send me your PTE project and gonna have a look at it (thefreedom @ free.fr). To share a PTE project, you have to use the Create Backup in ZIP feature to automatically include all the objects. In PTE, click on "File" then ""Create Backup in ZIP". And you just have to send the zip archive (by email if it's less than 10 Mb or if it's more than 10 Mb, with a File Sharing Transfer Delivery like http://www.yousendit.com). I think you only have to convert the slideshow into a video and import it in PSP. Hope it helps.
-
As Fred (Techman1) said, "it shows the power of using masks and how you can draw your audience into a particular part of an image". Here is a demo showing those masks in action (1,25 Mb - 1 minute 10 sec - includes music) The full PTE project : The full pack of Masks :
-
Mike, Fred is right, I forgot to modify the name of the ressource in my site but the file you download is actually the last version (v1.22).
-
Hi Gordon, You're perfectly right, there was a problem in the template "2 - The Dom - Photo Album-Template-2Pics_Leaves Effect". I forgot to remove an object that I used for a personal project. (This template corresponds to "TheDom-PhotoAlbumExtended-Template.pte". I changed its name when I added a third template included in the archive). I uploaded a new version (1.22) and everything should be ok now. http://thefreedom.free.fr/share/dload.php?...amp;file_id=181 Sorry for the inconvenience.
-
Ron, see this post (second part) : http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=38381 In PTE, in the main window, select slide #2, click on "Objects and Animation". In the objects list, select ".-=|[ YOUR COVER PIC00 ]|=-.". In "properties" tab, for "Picture" field, replace pic00.jpg with your own text png file (use the browse button to locate your file). Do the same for each "".-=|[ YOUR COVER PIC00 ]|=-." object (in slide #3, #33 and #34). No, personnaly I used this size of pictures to share project but I use 1024x768 or even 1280x1024 for my shows. Ron, I watched your "first album". I noticed there is a "jump" of the image on the front cover at the beginning. I'm quite sure the zoom for ".-=|[ YOUR COVER PIC00 ]|=-." object is not the same in slide #2 and slide #3 (and it should ) Mike, the background photographs are part of the template.
-
As far as I know, Igor will introduce the ability to design your own navigation bar. The navigation bar is not displayed during the show yet but you can already play with the options (scale, hue of the Sky Style Navbar). It's really looks great! In C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PicturesToExe\NavBar\Readme.txt, you can read : The wait's worth it!
-
Dave, I don't remember seeing such a list (may be I missed the post) but I think it should'nt be very difficult to make an almost complete list : 1 - in the main window : . select the main options at the top (file/project/slide/etc...) and see what are the corresponding shortcuts . right click in the slide list/folder window to open a pop-up and you can see the shortcuts. 2 - In the "Objects and Animation" window : . right click in the timeline . right click on an object (in the objects list or in the visualization window) Hope it helps.