Jump to content
WnSoft Forums

xahu34

Advanced Members
  • Posts

    2,087
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by xahu34

  1. Here is a second version of my example (exe-file in zip). Kind regards, Xaver H. Munich
  2. Thank you Jean-Pierre, You are right. The frame and the distorted image should have parallel edges. In addition: The way I did the distortion actually stretches the scene. The whole thing could have been done with much more care, but I did it during an extended work break, when I saw Lin's presentation. Best regards, Xaver Munich
  3. Hello Patrick, this is a slide show that I like very much, showing pictures of a town which I visited several time when I was much younger than today. Maybe it was a bit uncomfortable for you and your family, but the change of the weather (mood) was very good for your presentation. Regarding the music, you made a good choice. My impression is that in the first part the time intervals were chosen too short. On the first day the lighting conditions were very extreme, and regarding exposure, you did a very good job. The consequence of preserving the highlights (not being clipped) are rather dark shadows on several pictures. It might be possible to apply contrast masking techniques to obtain some more structure in the some of the shady areas. All in all a very good work. Best regards Xaver Munich
  4. Does this example look a little bit more natural? Best regards Xaver Munich
  5. Question to greenlight: How does your collection of links fit into the context of this thread? Kind regards Xaver H. Munich
  6. Hello, has someone experience with the German freeware "XMedia Recode" (www.xmedia-recode.de)? The tool has an English UI. Kind regards Xaver H. Munich
  7. LumenLux, it is very funny to consider John (JFA) as a young German girl, and to invite him (her) three times to give some feedback. Maybe it's worth a try;-) Best regards Xaver Munich
  8. Hello Peter S, reading your contribution makes me feel happy, as it proves that there exists at least one forum member who interprets my posts just as they are. Beside Cor's argument, there may be a another mistake in your calculation of the 1.9% of 877. I am pretty sure that the 17 contributors produced multiple clicks, and a walk through to the 2 pages always produces 2 views. Hence, the world may not be that bad!? Even if some of us (including you and me) do not like to ask for comments in a formal way, I come to the conclusion that it seems to be necessary. I still wonder about the logic behind the fact that people are said to publish something within a forum while rejecting feedback. Best regards Xaver Munich
  9. Hello DaveG, maybe you think of "Willie Nelson - Please Don't Talk About Me When I'm Gone". But does your second point mean something which is different from morturn's remark in post#21? I also agree that critique should not be repeated again and again (1 or 2 repetitions can be helpful), but presently this is not the major problem in this particular forum. Kind regards Xaver H. Munich
  10. What a pity, I thought that giving feedback were a natural process within a forum! Best regards Xaver Munich
  11. Charles, did you deactivate SSL/TLS within Firefox? Kind regards Xaver Munich
  12. bbdigital, I do not see any substantial contradiction in our positions, but why to ask for comments explicitly!? Best regards Xaver Munich
  13. Hello John, in my eyes asking for comments looks a bit like "fishing for compliments". I myself think that it is quite natural, when publishing some work, that there will be reactions on it. These reactions should be presented in a constructive way, as mentioned by morturn in post #21. Reading your post #22 it is very likely that the show which I posted the other day was put to your recycle bin, as it surely is not near to exceptional. Nevertheless, some comments would have been helpful. Best regards Xaver Munich
  14. I bought PTE via regnow. I could pay in Euro (presently the prices are 26.68/40.38 Euro), but I had to pay the German VAT (19%), as well. My major problem was to present an e-mail address that was accepted by regnow. My experience is, that regnow does not accept customers using freemailers. Kind regards Xaver H. Munich
  15. Igor, thank you for the good news. Best regards Xaver H. Munich
  16. Hello Peter, I do not have any experience with Elements, but here is the way how to apply high pass sharpening (PS version): You copy your image into a second layer. Highlight the copy, go to "Filter > Others > High pass". Apply the high pass filter with a radius value between 1 and 3 (for 10 MP images, for smaller ones choose a smaller radius, make experiments!). The upper layer will become medium grey, but you should see the edges of the original. Use Overlay as blending mode. The effect can be reduced using the opacity slider. Good luck Xaver Munich
  17. Hello Ken, Thank you for your colourful remark. By the way: In Germany, we spell the name as I did it. The island belongs to Spain but it is rather Catalan than Sanish. So, in the language of the people who live there, the name is "Mallorca", see also here. Best regards Xaver Munich
  18. Hello, as an input to this topic: My show "Memories of Mallorca" has been downloaded approximately 80 times so far. Three user posted, two posts contained substantial comments. This seems to confirm Peter's statement on a low feedback percentage. I also think that this is a pity. Detaining critique may be polite, but it is by no mean helpful. Best regards Xaver Munich
  19. Hello admin1, thank you for the information on the new version. Would it be possible to offer the windowed mode in a fullscreen variant with an aspect ratio as input. This would be helpful for users with Win XP and ATI graphics cards. Best regards Xaver H. Munich
  20. Hello Peter, maybe that I am somewhat late, but it took me until today to watch your show on Whitby Abbey. I like it very much, the photographs and their presentation, as well as the music; all fit together perfectly. Some (really) minor remarks: - In some images there is some highlight clipping in the sky (not easy to avoid) - On 1 or 2 images there are persons with red cloths; you may reduce saturation and possibly shift the red colour. - For the upright images you may choose a different aspect ratio in order to reduce the gap between the 2 images. - You may experiment with sharpening algorithms, maybe highpass sharpening would be a good choice. Best regards Xaver Munich
  21. Hello admin1, it is very nice to read this news, an overview of the included improvements, changes and (new) features wouldn't be bad either. Best regards Xaver H. Munich
  22. Hello Peter, don't take this affair too serious. You actually do a lot of good work in this forum, but forum postings often are spontaneous in nature, and they must not have the standard of a carefully edited encyclopaedia. Best regards Xaver Munich
  23. On Fujitsu Siemens Lifebooks, FN + F5 means "display scale", and FN + F10 changes the display (monitor, projector, or both), while on the Fujitsu Siemens consumer notebooks other settings hold. Kind regards Xaver Munich
  24. Hello, I do not know what this feature means from the implementation point of view, but I think that it is not one which the majority of users needs. Kind regards Xaver H. Munich
  25. Peter, thank you! One could live without personal settings, but it is very nice to have them. Best regards Xaver munich
×
×
  • Create New...