Jump to content
WnSoft Forums

xahu34

Advanced Members
  • Posts

    2,087
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by xahu34

  1. Hello, I have just noticed that I tested Beta 8, not 7! Best regards Xaver Munich
  2. Hello, which pattern did you use? I just tried Trend Micro OfficeScan, pattern 5.247.00, engine 8600, and no virus was detected. Best regards Xaver Munich
  3. Ken, Brian Thank you - vielen Dank! There are sometimes problems for non-native speakers: Some contributions are quite long, and therefore (even if written in a cultivated language) a bit exhausting. Other posts are short but incomprehensible. Never mind, nor do I! Xaver Munich
  4. Can you give me a translation into German ? Best regards Xaver Munich
  5. Does this link help: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/s...lescalerts.mspx? Regards Xaver Munich
  6. Hello Lin, I agree that users should take care in making their decision on SP3 (provided that they are in the position to do it at all). What I do not like is the way, the subject is discussed here. The discussion is restricted on particular aspects, and it runs on an emotional level, which is in my eyes by no means appropriate. Best regards Xaver Munich
  7. Hello, I don't think that the PTE forum is then right place to discuss the question of using SP3 for XP or not. What I see here is in my eyes a trace of propaganda rather than knowledge based on experience. We should wait and see how the roll out of SP3 will look like, see how SP3 will be analyzed in the press, and have a look at the policies of big companies. Then we can make our decisions. Let's drink a cup of tea and avoid hysteria. Best regards Xaver Munich
  8. David, it is very likely that in a year or two security patches will only be available for Win XP with SP3. Example: Looking at "Bulletin MS08-020" (Vulnerability in DNS Client Could Allow Spoofing (945553)), published April 8th, you see that a patch is only available for XP with SP2, not for XP with SP1. Best regards Xaver Munich
  9. Hello, on my own machine, automatic update is turned off, as well. But we have to keep in mind that this is a bit dangerous. Turning it off must either have the consequence not using the Internet, or to download and install the security patches published by MS on the second Tuesday every month. Best regards Xaver Munich
  10. Hello Yachtsman1, please answer the question of Colin (see here) from above: Do we really have to talk about Moiré or just about shimmering of zoomed images. Best regards Xaver Munich
  11. Geoff, I think that Peter uses Vista. For XP the situation is clear, see here! Best regards Xaver Munich
  12. Hello Igor, from a practical, implementation related point of view, I totally agree - but not in terms of mathematical aesthetic Best regards Xaver H. Munich
  13. Hello Cor, If you use a master show just with black images (not daisy-chaining), which initiates the real shows, then turn off hardware acceleration, but only in this master show. The others which are started by slides of the master show (via "customize slide") should remain as they are. It may not be good to run 2 applications in parallel both of which use D3D. If you do not take care for the taskbar (Windows XP), in the way I mentioned above, it will show up whenever a new show starts. Here the tool of Marcovelo can help. Best regards Xaver Munich
  14. It seems to be folklore, not my solution, used by many others before I even knew that PTE exists. Best regards Xaver Munich
  15. Hello, I also think that the word "shift" would be the better choice. A minor remark: The grey area on the timeline (showing the effect duration) is a little bit too short. The attachment shows an example for exactly 1 second (1000 ms). Kind regards Xaver H. Munich
  16. Barry, this is again an excellent show, and there is no need for repeating what others have already said. Really a minor comment: I, personally, would prefer to apply a little bit less sharpening, not least to avoid the halos along several dark edges. Best regards Xaver Munich
  17. Hello Filip, You can proceed as follows: You create a show where hardware acceleration is turned off, and which shows nothing but 12 black images. Customize each image such that it starts one of your shows (Customize Slide, Field: Run external application). Under Win XP configure the taskbar such that it is not on top of other windows. Starting this new show (menu show) should start all your 12 shows without any further actions. Kind regards Xaver H. Munich
  18. Barry, For me your position here seems to be a mixed bag (hopefully a correct expression). You present images as kind of prototypes with a quality which a beginner will hardly be able to achieve. John’s position isn’t less demanding. So, if we discuss on this level it may also be allowed to talk about the “higher theories” of resizing. A beginner who is overburdened with resizing will have trouble with the other requirements, as well. Best regards Xaver Munich
  19. So, what do we learn from this thread: We shall shoot images like a professional Our shows are rubbish if they contain a single bad image Even resizing is a science in its own. Really a motivation for beginners;-) Best regards Xaver H. Munich
  20. Hello all, we all seem to like smooth animations. Pans via several keypoints always follow a polygonal curve, if the components are set to "smooth" or not. Wouldn't it be a nice feature to to have really smooth curves? Best regards Xaver H. Munich
  21. Hello Jean-Pierre, When I progam a pan and a zoom at the same time, I normally use for for both exactly the same keypoints, and for each consecutive pair of keypoints I use for pan and zoom exactly the same speed profile. Best regards Xaver Munich
  22. Hello John, I do not want to repeat the comments on darkness and timing from several of the previous posts. It would be of interest what you think about these comments. I tried to make screen shots of some of the dark images of your show in order to play with them a little bit in Photoshop - but you did not allow this! Kind regards Xaver H. Munich
  23. Hello André, you are right, but ... So let us consider your example: 2 given points for a linear zoom, and then a new one to be put in between, say for changing opacity. If you did not manage to place it exactly where you want to (using the mouse on the blue cursor), you may change its time via the keyboard after creation. But then the given zoom is no longer linear. As a workaround one can manage the situation using a dummy object for which you create keypoints just for placing the blue cursor at particular positions. Best regards Xaver Munich
  24. Hello André, You made a valuable suggestion, but what I mean is slightly different. Assume that I have an object with 2 keypoints, and I want to place a 3rd one between the 2 existing ones. This new point inherits animation data from the existing points (some intermediate values). If I then place the new point after creation to its exact time, the existing animation will be modified in a way which I may not like. So I would like to enter the precise keypoint time in advance. Best regards Xaver Munich
  25. bbdigital, This is an article which is very worth reading! The principle “Expose to the Right” is really important (i.e. place the histogram as far to the right as possible). Then, in order to reactivate almost clipped highlights (and for other reasons, as well) it is beneficial to shoot raw. For some background information, let me again refer to some papers of Bruce Fraser; for the links look at one of my previous posts, here. Best regards, Xaver H. Munich
×
×
  • Create New...