Jump to content
WnSoft Forums

xahu34

Advanced Members
  • Posts

    2,087
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by xahu34

  1. Hello admin1, does version 5.11 solve the ATI problem? Kind regards xahu34 Munich
  2. Hello Conflow, I do not have any problem if someone does not agree with me. I also must admit that I use IE6 and not IE7. But in this particular case I have the feeling that the problem has another cause, not browser settings, in particular as 3 browsers failed. Who will know it? Kind regards xahu34 Munich
  3. These arrows have been removed, see here. Kind regards xahu34 Munich
  4. Hello, The security settings cannot be the reason for the problem. I can reach regnow, even if I use in IE my settings for restricted sites, where anything is deactivated, stronger than using level "high". Normally, I use these settings for opening html-mails in Outlook. Kind regards xahu34 Munich
  5. Hello, no problem for me, sitting in Munich. Try again later! Kind regards xahu34 Munich
  6. Hello Nordlicht (or shall I say "Moin Moin" as people in Northern Germany do?) I have made my experience with DiaShow XP5 from Aquasoft, as well, and I actually liked its capabilities to structure shows. The major problem with this software is, that Aquasoft either is not willing or not capable of using D3D. As a consequence there are animations which I would call jerky. PTE does not offer chapters. You can only concatenate slides, which are a bit like the parallel objects of XP5. This may not be very comfortable when programming monster shows with hundreds of pictures. But once you get used to the quality of PTE presentations and the power of hierarchical modeling on image level (using relative coordinate systems) you will see that PTE is the better choice. Kind regards xahu34 Munich
  7. Hello bbdigital, your link refers to speakers which are not new (B-stock). There seems to be a cheaper offer at Amazon.co.uk. Kind regards xahu34 Munich PS: This product is not offered in Germany.
  8. Hello admin1, thank you for your reply. Typically I do not experiment very much with graphics card settings. The idea of changing settings has it origin in a synchronization problem I had with a particular beamer (Canon Realis SX50, in Germany called Xeed SX50), which I already described here. Kind regards xahu34 Munich
  9. Hello, does anybody know which settings (such as Anisotropic Filtering, Antialiasing Mode, etc.) in the Nvidia Control Panel are optimal for PTE? Kind regards xahu34 Munich
  10. Hello, Looking at the "ATI Catalyst Tweak Guide" on "tweakguides.com", which refers to version 8.1 of the ATI Catalyst, you can read on page 8 (Catalyst Control Center) a section on color: "...you can manually change the color and brightness/contrast/gamma settings for your Desktop and/or 3D games in this section. The first choice you have to make is whether you want to adjust these settings for your Windows Desktop (Select the 'Desktop' option), or for 3D Applications (Select the 'Full Screen 3D' option)". Perhaps, these individual gamma settings for Desktop and 3D may be helpful!? Kind regards xahu34 Munich
  11. Hello AnKo, Thank you for your remark. I myself do not need this driver, as I have an Nvidia card. But I am in discussion with people from our photo club on the use of affordable AV-SW, and it would be helpful to know that the ATI gamma problem were solved. A solution by WnSoft or ATI would be better than using a driver from a third party. Kind regards, xahu34 Munich
  12. Hello, in the meantime a new version "ATI Catalyst™ 8.1 Display Driver for Windows XP" has been released. Is there any experience with Version 8.1 and the ATI Gamma Problem? Kind regards, xahu34 Munich
  13. Hello, let me add a remark on complaints like "Slow response from Technical Support". When reading this I instantly remembered a song by Melanie Safka from the early 70ies: "They're only puttin' in a nickel, and they want a dollar song". People who need support on 24 hours a day and on 7 days a week may better look for software in a much higher price range! Kind regards xahu34 Munich
  14. Hello Hartmut, thank you for your reply. The effect which you noticed (minor shimmering with panning images) seams to be a quite natural one. In case you also zoom, the shimmering will significantly increase, but can be reduced by blurring the image. The problem that I am talking about is a totally different thing. Here the beamer seems to produce output frames whose upper parts belong to different (earlier) input frames than the ones used for the lower parts. This may happen when the graphics card's frame rate is temporarily too low. The astonishing thing for me is, that the synchronization error appears during constant zooming/panning only if the source consists of a single image. In cases where the images change any 10 seconds (without interrupting the p/z-effect), the error does not occur. In the meantime I learned from others of our camera club, using expensive notebooks with ATI graphics cards and who program their shows with m.objects, that there are similar error effects when using the same beamer. Kind regards xahu34 Munich
  15. Hello karelle, using "Auto spread slides along music" is one possible choice. But what is to do if your song lasts 10 minutes, but you only have images for about 5? You may then use the timeline window in order to place the transitions at appropriate positions, fitting to the music. Then you may load the song to some audio editor (Audacity, Goldwave etc.) in order to cut off what you do not need for your show and to include a fade out for the remaining part. Save this sound under a different name and include the modified sound into you show. Kind regards xahu34 Munich
  16. Hello, until now, when using monitors with S-PVA panels up to resolutions of 1800x1200 with my PC (AMD 64 X2 5000+, nvidia 8500GT, 2GB RAM) I did not recognize any problems with the few shows I made so far: Typically with images having a slight pan-and-zoom effect which continues during normal alpha-blending transitions. Pictures in upright mode are just panned. So, nothing exiting happens. The other day I used the PC with a beamer of type Canon XEED SX50. Here I had to notice the following: Arbitrary sequences of zooming/panning images behaved well, provided that the single images did not stay too long. Images like my panning uprights (15 sec) showed with this beamer a synchronization effect, a line running from top to bottom. Then I tested the show "Cliff Palace" by Lin Evans, showing an impressing single panorama (i.e. long lasting pan/zoom-effect within one image). Here these synchronization effects appeared any 12-13 seconds (sometimes hardly to notice, but actually present). In between, anything was ok. Has anybody made similar observations with this particular beamer, or with other ones? Kind regards xahu34 Munich
  17. Hello fh1805, I think that there is no real need for a change. When preparing a serious show I will work in a similar way as you propose. In this case I will stay inside the corresponding folder for a longer period of time, so, there is no problem at all. I sometimes play with test shows with pte-files located on the desktop. In these cases the proposed new feature (showing folder containing the pte-file) would not be very helpful. I think that wnsoft should work on other problems such as ATI-gamma-problem or richer audio features. Kind regards xahu34 Munich
  18. Hello, when looking at Andy's message, I noticed on one of my machines that a problem has reappeared that I already had under 5.0 and which was said to be fixed in 5.1 (Release-Candidate on December 13, 2007): Doubleclicks on pte-files did not open the clicked object. The registry entry for the open command read as follows: "C:\Program Files\WnSoft PicturesToExe\5.1\apr.exe" %1 Changing %1 to "%1" solved the problem. @Andy: Which folder should be shown, if the pictures addressed in the opened pte-file are spread over several ones? Kind regards xahu34 Munich
  19. Hello, I am in the same position as davegee. My notebook (Fujitsu Siemens) has resolution 1024x768, the beamer I sometimes use has 1400x1050. Then I have 3 choises: 1. I just use the notebook monitor;-) 2. I use monitor and beamer at the same time (pressing some F-key, depending on the particular notebook). Then both have 1024x768. 3. I only use the beamer, monitor is switched off (pressing F-key again). In the 3rd case I can configure the desktop seen via beamer (right mouse-click on desktop > properties > settings) and change the resolution to 1400x1050 (I am lucky that my notebook offers this particular resolution). This may also be good for the graphics system as it only has to produce 1 output instead of 2. Kind regards xahu34 Munich
  20. Hello, sRGB is (as far as I know) the appropriate space for presentations. On the other hand, many photographers like it to work with other spaces like AdobeRGB. Pictures with AdobeRGB look different when using PTE or IrfanView than they look in Photoshop. So, it might be a nice feature if PTE would offer the option (like m.objects does) to map other color spaces to sRGB. Kind regards xahu34 Munich
  21. Hello, wouldn't it be good to have a separate Off Topic Forum, where questions on Virus Protection, FTP Clients, Screen Capture etc. could be discussed? Kind regards, xahu34 Munich
  22. Hello, just a simple way to draw a line, provided that it does not differ that much from a straight one: 1. Open the map (original_map.jpg) in your graphics editor (Photoshop or other one) and draw the line using a brush tool. 2. Save the new map (map_with_line.jpg) 3. Import the 2 images into PTE and make an appropriate transition from original_map.jpg to map_with_line.jpg, using page effects or advanced hour hands with small values for "own thickness of smoothing line". The "transition line" should be rather orthogonal to the line on the map. This effect can be iterated in order to achieve more complex routes (flow will not be steady). Kind regards, xahu34 Munich
  23. Hello Dan D, as far as I know, you can upgrade to Version 5.1 (PTE-deluxe) using your old registration key (or even make an additional installation). The part of the new software which is used for generating PC shows should work anyway , but not the so-called Video Builder. The latter component can be used for burning DVDs from the PC shows you generate with PTE. It needs a separate key. If you decide to upgrade to the full version (including Video Builder) you only have to pay part of the price (20 $). Kind regards xahu34 Munich
  24. Hello admin1, just a question: Will Version 5.2 open the possibility to mix 2 or more audio sources (music and spoken words) in a more sophisticated way than today, e.g using independent volume control curves? Kind regards, xahu34 Munich
  25. Hello, today I am in lack of arguments. I checked the time when I generated my attachment and when I uninstalled version 5.0. So it must have been version 5.1 which produced the corrupt image. Today, I reinstalled 5.0, and both versions, 5.0 and 5.1 do not show any problem. Thus, I cannot reproduce the shown effect on my own machine. Sorry for producing a storm in a glass of water (or a cup of tea, as you may say). A strange feeling still remains. Kind regards, xahu34 Munich
×
×
  • Create New...